Advice and Perspective

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by StephenH, Sep 4, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    HA I talk to a few bosses in my time. They are doing well and so am I, Im actually happy to thank them for the opportunity which led to other things here in Arkansas. If I was not transplanted ex-yankee city boy now trying to pretend to be a hill person I would be back on that hay farm or paving. Blind or not. Suns up get to work, get going yer late.

Brand that on my tombstone. Get to work, get going yer late already. (Im not even here...)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Iowa80

Iowa80 Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2019
    Heavy's right.... 30 bucks. 5 in your class.. 1 will be dumb as a box of rocks... three will think they knowed it all already... 1 will actually be the nerd and study his pants off and get a great offer.

Of the 5, three will also be desperate... and desperate Isn't where you want to be.

FoolsErrand, FlaSwampRat and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    You can borrow money you dont have, to pay someone to teach you something you dont know so that you can get hired to make money...

Or you can apply for an entry level job where real work is being done and ACTUALLY learn the trade while getting paid to do so.

Im not saying itll be easy or obvious how to do that... Just that it is possible. For example.. If i wanted to learn the scrap business i would go take a $10/hr job laboring at a scrapyard long before i paid someone to teach me how to "start at the top" .. Which is in itself a scam. No one starts at the top.

This is how i have learned basically everything i know. Always gotten paid for my education. Except for a brief waste of time in community college. That was a huge ripoff.

Iowa80, dwells40 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  5. Iowa80

Iowa80 Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2019
    Everyone thinks College is some sort of ticket.... Its becoming a dime a dozen and yet they still sell the idea that somehow that degree entitles you to better pay.

What you do with what you have... or what you're passionate about... THAT is the REAL ticket. If you hate what you do you'll never succeed. FoolsErrand is so right... Hating what you do... and paying thousands to figure that out???? Epic waste of time. Don't let anyone tell you that you have to pay for four years (Or more) of college to figure out what you really want to do with your life... because that in itself is a self inflicted wound.

Working hard... to me anyway, is a true test of guidance in figuring out your lot in life.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  6. Iowa80

Iowa80 Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2019
    … and that's the other thing they're selling... Go to school, you start at the top.... which is why so many "leaders" are such dumb ###e$.... not a lick of sense in their chosen profession and most of them want to work less and earn six figures.... Sold down that river without a paddle... or a way home!

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.