Advice From Former SNI Drivers

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by RoadRaid3r, May 12, 2011.

1. RoadRaid3r

RoadRaid3r Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Lima, Ohio
    I am very happy with my current job and company. I can not see me EVER driving for another company.

However, I am sitting on a job offer from a major company to work for around $30/hour. I can not really get into the exact details at this moment but in the next days as things unfold I will fill in the blanks.

The question is this. The start date of the job is July 15, 2011. I would love to go straight to my DBL and tell him that I am leaving SNI, and give him full almost 2 months notice. I would love to stick around and help until they find a replacement, even train a new driver if needed. However, I do not want to get fired on the spot and go without work or income and insurance for two months. I also would like to be considered as someone that could be rehireable without any negative notes in my file or DAC on how I left. I could give the same story for a one month notice, or a two week notice, etc...The point is the same....

What is your experience with leaving SNI on your terms?

What are chances I will be let go on the spot?

What are chances I can be deemed rehireable by SNI?

What are chances that even with a written noticed delivered personally and electronically via email, that my DAC would negatively be affected?

I want to do the honest and correct thing for SNI, but do not want to burn myself or my family in the process.

Raid3r

2. johnday

johnday Road Train Member

I had a very good working relationship with the three DBL's I had while there. They all knew, in my case, I had no choice but to leave. I feel even now, that all I'd have to do is make a phone call, and would be back in Greenbay next week.
    One thing I learned, and it still stuns me somewhat, is SNI never lied to me, and I was always treated decently. They were like that to me, and I can't see not treating them any different. It's a two way street.
    Just explain why, in person, and follow up with a letter of resignation.
    Good luck on your new job, sounds like ya fell into it.:biggrin_25525:

3. johnday

johnday Road Train Member

4. buddybaker

buddybaker Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2007
    i took two weeks off, decided i liked it, took 6 months off and they hired me back

• Draft saved Draft deleted