Advice on the first Truck

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by T2T, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Blue and the Gray

Blue and the Gray Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2016
    This message is a reply to Josh Polk: You must not like freight shakers and that's fine. Just in case no one has told you...Them good ol days of Trucking are over. Smoky and the Bandit was filmed sometime in the 80's and even though I liked the show you won't see to many convoys....unless they do put speed limiters on all trucks then we will. But back to the point. Freight Shakers are all that I have driven. Nothing wrong with the other brands but Freightliners are what I know. I own my own and drive it and do little things here and there if it helps to save on fuel or something. But What I see when I'm walking up to the fuel desk and look back....I see a truck that's paid for. I'm not out here to ride the sweet ride and live the big road life...I just need to get from Point A to Point B and collect a little change.

Luisjulian and GoldenLad Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steve62

Steve62 Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2015
    Northern BC
    I started in a 2015 freightshaker with a 600hp DD. Then went into a 2012 freightshaker 565hp DD. I then bought my KW w/c15 cat 550hp. The cat has way more pulling power than either of the DD. When your going down the Hwy the KW just feels more solid nothing rattling. When you have to do a hard brake app. She stops smooth. The freight shakers clucked felt like axles were shifting, just did not enstill confidants.

It is my opinion the KW is ten times the truck. Freightshakers left me on the side of the road more then once EGR went out leaking antifreeze. Thermostat was next when that was fixed two of the sensors went leaving the truck undrivable.

4. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    If we have to explain.........They'll never understand

5. Steve62

Steve62 Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2015
    Northern BC
    Oh and that 2006 Kenworth did not break the bank. And puts more change in my pocket. Than a freightshaker would. She has a remand engine and tranny in it. I pull max loads, super B fuel tanks. 63,500 Kg.

6. josh polk

josh polk Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Bowie TX
    You are right blue and gray ur just what we need out on the road another american trucker with no pride
    But if ur just getting started u should go with frightliner there cheap so cheap if i had one i wouldnt even work on it id just drive it till it quits junk it and buy another one

7. Luisjulian

Luisjulian Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2017
    So at the end.. what truck did you bought? Iqm.in the same spot than you.
    Thanks for.the advices

8. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Truck is a tool to make money, I never care what other trucks look like and I doubt people care or even notice how my truck looks.
    zombomeme19042017162922.jpg

Luisjulian Thanks this.
  9. Luisjulian

Luisjulian Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2017
    It its tue that freightliner is te best option to start?

10. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Doesn't matter what flag it's flying if you're looking at used trucks. You can buy a pile of crap just as easily as buying a good one.

As for new trucks, well, I wouldn't be surprised that somewhere in this world is stats saying that one brand is more economical than the others over it's lifetime. I've never seen them though. Until they appear, it's one truck driver's opinion vs another.

Luisjulian Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.