Advice please

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Sixela918, Jul 1, 2022.

1. lester

lester Midwest's #1 Feed Hauler

Jan 2, 2012
    NW, Iowa
    I'm confused. You were asleep in the bunk and your co driver got in an accident. And now everyone is telling you to get a lawyer and maybe even sue your co-driver and that your employment future is in jeopardy. What and how? Any injuries you received should be covered by your company and any subsequent injury covered by work comp. Why not just chill and see what happens. Accident was obviously not your fault in any way shape or form

Speedy356, AModelCat, Boondock and 6 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    so, a bank teller gets told this is a stick up, gimme your money.

then the teller, tells him, here's your money

to wit the robber tells the teller, to make sure she does not give him the dye pack

then the teller, tells the robber, she did not put the dye pack into the bag, but tells him the bag may have a hole in it

the robber, tells the teller to not hit the alarm until he leaves

the teller tells the robber she won't hit the alarm, but she has to tell her boss.

the teller then tells the police what happened.

the police tell the teller she can now go home..

when the teller gets home she tells her live-in roommate or hubby, what the robber told her, after all she is a teller.

did i tell this correctly...???

i'll tell you what, i got blisters on my fingers now

4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

The only reason I am suggesting the OP have a lawyer is it protects him. Once you have a lawyer all questions can be directed to the lawyer. You tell your 100% accurate story to the lawyer and the lawyer decides what each party should know about your statement. I'm not suggesting anyone sue anyone else. Lawsuits will be filed. Only a lawyer you hire is working to protect you. Any other lawyer is protecting someone else.

5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    First thing is this - if you were “ejected” from the truck, you are either posting this from the other side or were thrown out of the bunk into the cab and don’t remember what happened. I am not calling you a liar, an ejection from the sleeper does a lot of damage done to the body. I’ve seen the remains a truck hitting a solid object with a person in the bunk, they did not survive but they didn’t get ejected, they were removed by the county coroner.

No matter hope you recover fast.

that said GET A LAWYER.

WHY?

for a bunch of reasons

the first is to protect your interest. You will may have to deal with at least two insurance companies and they will fight you for paying care you need. A lawyer will make sure it gets paid. I know first hand what crap they pull not to pay.

second is to protect you from any problems with the company, they have no interest in helping you, you are a commodity so if there is something that they need to do, the lawyer will get them to do it.

Finally is the problem of the bunk restraints. IF you had the bunk restraints in place and they failed, then it isn’t something that can be ignored, it needs to be addressed legally. If the truck manufacturer put in defective ones or the company hasn’t properly inspected them, the a lawyer needs to step in and file a lawsuit to rectify the incident that happened by a defect or negligence.

edit - for those who say don’t get a lawyer never had to deal with the nightmares that accident can cause, you need a lawyer and if they say sue, you sue.

6. Sixela918

Sixela918 Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2021
    Phoenix, AZ
    I was definitely ejected. I have absolutely no memory of anything before being on the asphalt with all the flashing lights around. According to everything the doctors and nurses have said I was found 15 feet in front of the trucks final resting place. Obviously a lot will depend on what the accident report says.

Boondock, xlsdraw and tscottme Thank this.
  7. Sixela918

Nov 24, 2021
    Phoenix, AZ
    I did tell my company about his statement that he fell asleep. That's when I was told nope, he didn't fall asleep and the cam footage SUPPOSEDLY supports that statement. I don't believe that though.

Boondock, xlsdraw and tscottme Thank this.
  8. firemedic2816

firemedic2816 Road Train Member

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    We normally don’t inject ketamine into a bone works better in the blood system unless you got an IO in which case you were unconscious and didn’t need the ketamine anyway

9. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I didn't read all the replies so...

My advice is, if you stay driving a truck - do so as a solo driver.
    That way you only have your own driving to worry about.

Boondock and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  10. Sixela918

Nov 24, 2021
    Phoenix, AZ
    I don't know that they put it into the bone but one of the nurses told me that's usually what they do. I just know that they gave me a shot of something in my leg that hurt beyond anything I think I've ever felt before. After that, all I remember was that SUPER DISTURBING dream while I was in the helicopter.

Boondock and xlsdraw Thank this.
  11. Sixela918

Nov 24, 2021
    Phoenix, AZ
    What's IO?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.