After Hours+Oversized+Without Permit=$4340 Dollar Fine!

Discussion in 'Heavy Haul Trucking Forum' started by mjd4277, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Jubal Early Times

Jubal Early Times Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2022
    You’re a bit dramatic.

OLDSKOOLERnWV, Coffey, stwik and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    For comparison, Wyoming allows 55k on tandems and 65k on tridem on standard permits.

OLDSKOOLERnWV, D.Tibbitt, mtoo and 2 others Thank this.
  4. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    And In Georgia an annual blanket permit is only a few hundred dollars. But you gotta buy it ahead of time …

they got out cheap for getting caught having an oversize load after dark with no permit .

5. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    I was dodging that scale one time and thought I'd been had. I had just turned off of 223 onto Louisville Road (weight restricted) and was about halfway to Natures Way when I met a trooper going the other way. I about #### a gold turkey. He never turned around.

That's been years ago and I don't do that sort of thing anymore.

kylefitzy, cke, IH Truck Guy and 4 others Thank this.
  6. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Ive dodged em too
    Used to get off I-20 at Thornton road or somewhere and cut over to 285 to dodge that one , and go thru Carrollton to dodge the other one

took a load to Huntsville Al one time on a Sunday and thought something was wrong with my old cabover 350 Cummins cause it barely made it over six flags hill , and some of the hills north of Birmingham, then pulled onto the scale at the dog food plant in Huntsville and Watched the numbers just keep increasing , was grossing 110

Apparently someone thought that a trailer wasn’t loaded if you still had room for another pallet or two

kylefitzy, cke, W923 and 3 others Thank this.
  7. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    If you violate the rules and provisions of a permit, they write you a ticket according to the rules they set out for general freight. Length, width, height and weight…each one could be a different ticket. So running after hours may not be a ticket, but voids the OSOW permit. Make sense?

cke, D.Tibbitt, Coffey and 2 others Thank this.
  8. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Says the person who said we don’t know what time it happened or life happened.

9. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    Yes sir. Thank you.

10. Jubal Early Times

Jubal Early Times Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2022
    How is that dramatic? You proved my point about it being early evening. It wasn’t midnight. He got held up trying to get back to the yard. That is life as an equipment hauler.

quite the opposite of being dramatic. Don’t get me wrong. He was in the wrong and got caught. Again that’s life as an equipment hauler.

And you don’t know what happened. You just know what the po po said on Twitter and it’s obvious you don’t know what a local equipment hauler has to deal with. So I think you should save your judgment.

11. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Actually Georgia DPS put it on their Facebook page-which is what they usually do for any egregious violations. And nobody said it happened around midnight,the article and the citation clearly stated what time it happened. And you don’t know if he got held up trying to get back to the yard.
    He F’d up,he got caught-that’s all there is to it. Quit trying to make excuses for this driver and trying to make it look like he’s a victim!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    runningman0661 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.