after orientation w/swift

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Pillsbury, Oct 5, 2008.

1. bill122250

bill122250 Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Grafton, MA
    Sounds like it could be a good idea. It sounds like it pays more. I just pmed Texas-NaNa asking about how swift pays for teams. I am going to pm you my cell number. It doesn't work in the house but you can leave a message. Maybe we can get together somewhere in between both of us for a coffee and talk about this. After all we are both doing this to make as much as we can. If we think this might work then I will call Tamela.

Tre81 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flatbroke

Flatbroke Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Derry, NH
    Check your cell...I left you my cell number. I need 50 post b4 I can respnd

call me

4. Flatbroke

Jul 15, 2009
    Derry, NH
    I did an accurate calculation Bill...sadly it looks like 72 miles from Derry, NH
    Depends on how bad that want a team I guess?

Brent

5. bill122250

Jan 21, 2009
    Grafton, MA
    Brent

I just forwarde a pm I got from Texas-NaNa. It explains how teams get paid. I will call Tamela in the am and see if they will consider 72 miles. After i talk to her I'll call you. You are near you 50 posts, it goes quick once you get into it. You can also pm a mod and they will forward. Talk to you tomorrow.

6. Flatbroke

Jul 15, 2009
    Derry, NH
    No problem Bill,
    Call me in the morning or whenever you get ahold of Tamala. They might make room for you for Aug 4th. That is if they can stretch the 50 to 72. Of course we will meet B4......sheez sounds like a first DATE:biggrin_2554: HA! Oh yes I have a sense of humor. Chat with ya. Can call me tonite if you want.

7. getitgirl

getitgirl Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Tyler, TX
    Hi flat and bill- i have seen tx nanas post and she is one lucky gal. Post back on here if yall are still following this and i'll let you know about our miles and lack therof. Some teams get ok miles but for the most part and it depends what terminal your out of.
    Remember Swift is a TRAINING company and they dont have a special division for teams, at least the terminal we were out of didnt.
    Im not dogging them, they paid my bills for 10 months. Just let me know if yall are still looking into this

8. bill122250

Jan 21, 2009
    Grafton, MA
    We wanted to team but Swift won't let us. We live 72 miles apart and they won't let you team unless your partner is within 50 miles of where you live. Doesn't make much sense to me but it must have something to do with how far the truck has to move between drivers when on home time.

9. Darkschneidr

Darkschneidr Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    That doesn't make sense at all. I'm more than 50 miles away from my team driver. The truck doesn't move when at home, we park at the terminal.

10. bill122250

Jan 21, 2009
    Grafton, MA

I live about 300 miles from where our terminal would be. When i first talked to my recruiter about teaming she told me we had to be no more than 50 miles apart. She said she tried to get it approved but wasn't mallowed to. We both have HAZMAT, but that didn't make any difference.

11. tonyjxn

tonyjxn Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I applied with Swift back in March. I already have my cdl. It took my recruiter till June to push my paper work through, but i came out of it approved. It is now august and my recruiter is still telling me that there are no open spots for orientation. Even though back in the beginning of June she said i could get in at the end of August. Is anybody else getting this kind of run around or do i just have a bad recruiter?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.