air leak has me stumped...

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by joegg202, Jul 3, 2021.

1. joegg202

joegg202 Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2021
    I have a 2007 kenworth t2000 that builds air pressure normal and stays in normal operating range until I get down the road a few miles then suddenly hear air rapidly leaking under the cab....i shut the vehicle off and restart and it is fine again until the process repeats in a few miles...please help! replaced air dryer filter yesterday but didn't help....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Don379

Don379 Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2021
    There is a lot of relays, valves and lines under there. Your gonna have to build pressure up and get under there and hope it happens and find the leak.

4. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    i bet its the air hose under the cab that runs back to the dryer from the tank. if you look at the dryer and see a hose go from braided rubber to metal inside of the frame. it then goes back to rubber to the tank. leaks when running if it has a hole

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  5. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    I had that exact hose break off in February. A bolt was missing from the bracket that held the metal line and the connection to the rubber hose. The vibration caused the hose to separate from its connector.

Rideandrepair and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    You're going to have to search for the leak. There's literally a mile of air lines and a couple dozen valves in that truck. You're going to have to make the leak appear and then search for it.

Remember, air valves normally sit with the exhaust port open, so if you find a valve leaking air out the exhaust there's a good chance its something else backfeeding it.

7. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    This^^

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.