Air leak

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by spindrift, Nov 23, 2020.

1. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere

A little off topic here.....

Back in my younger days, I worked in a John Deere dealership as a lawn and garden equipment mechanic. Everyone that worked there used Craftsman tools, and they didn't hesitate to brag about it. Me being the black sheep, I bought all Snap-on tools -this was before I got married of course.

I remember discussing with a co worker one day about Craftsman vs. Snap-on. His reasoning for buying Craftsman was that he can go to any Sears in the country and replace whatever he breaks. At the time there were 2 Sears stores within half an hour either direction of his house. My argument for Snap-on was I pick up the phone, call the dealer and have my tool the next day if needed, or at worst, the next Monday when he shows up. I never broke a Snap-on tool. I know he broke some Craftsman tools along the way, but it happens. They're both great brands.

I wonder how he enjoys having Craftsman tools now that both Sears stores have been closed, and the nearest Lowes is over an hour away? But you know, the Snap-on truck still comes around every Monday. And he even stops at my house once a month.

Yeah, they're pricey. But well worth it.

D.Tibbitt and spindrift Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Funny you should talk about buying Snap On "BTW"...Before The Wife. My mentor when I first started at Cummins many, many years ago was getting married. He told his fiancee that he had a monthly Snap On bill and that he would ALWAYS have a Snap On bill, even after getting married and if she didn't like that, he wasn't the guy for her. Apparently, he was very matter of fact about the whole thing; didn't flinch even a little bit. They're still married and he's still buying Snap On tools.

rbrtwbstr and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    There aint no bill like a snap on bill

Roberts450 and spindrift Thank this.
  5. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Correct.
    And any marriage that can survive a Snap On bill is a strong marriage.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.