Air Leak

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Hayfieldmn, Apr 6, 2022.

1. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Never hear'd of such. Link?

Dale thompson Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
  4. Keepforgettingmypassword

Keepforgettingmypassword Heavy Load Member

Jan 11, 2022
    Spray them while empty start truck and get out n look.

5. Hayfieldmn

Hayfieldmn Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2016
    It seems them stupid push in fittings on the bags and level valve are leaking ever so slightly, enough to drop it over night I assume, can a person pull the line out and cut it fresh and re install or is it a one time deal?

6. Keepforgettingmypassword

Jan 11, 2022
    Try to reset them First a a day or two. Then if you have to buy new ones you will know.

I had one in the back gave me trouble for a week. Finally bought a new one ( still in glove box) hasn't leaked again since. Plastic and difficult those thing are.
    Also as they are losing air. About an hour after you shut down is the best time to check. Look for cracks. I just can't seem to believe there's that many that are that lose. Do you ever hear a whistle on coming from the fire wall area?
    Also with your pump kicking out every ten mins that's good. Every 3 mins is bad.

7. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Don’t know how well that one works. I have a Robinair Ultrasonic, it cost me $600 8 years ago. But it was worth every penny.
    I was able to find any air leak in under 20 minutes and usually much less time. Every trucker should have one.
    Soapy water only works for leaks you can get eyes on, the Ultrasonic found a leak on my truck that was buried in a bundle tight inside a frame rail.

8. RunningAces

RunningAces Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2017
    What does it mean if you hear a whistle from the firewall area?

9. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    It was recommended by someone on the site here so we'll see how it works this weekend.

I bet the one you have is worth every penny though.

uncleal13 Thanks this.
  10. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Light Load Member

May 5, 2019
    San Diego
    for good bubbles buy the stuff that kids use to blow bubbles I get mine at Walmart in a 1 or 2 quart bottle this stuff stays liquid longer than dish soap I found a brass tee that was porous and had a fuze of bubbles on it about 10 minutes after spraying I had spayed it with dish soap and never saw anything.

11. Keepforgettingmypassword

Jan 11, 2022
    On this truck. There was 2 whistles. 1) the turbo. I guess it is supposed to make that noise.
    2) was the fan selnoid either dead or dying. I didn't catch it until it was no longer any good. On this truck it was on the driver side. Thats why it stood out.

RunningAces Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.