airbag/spring issue. PLZ HELP

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by dartsway, Apr 16, 2013.

1. dartsway

dartsway Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Green Bay, WI

yup, their plastic lines that run through... but all the airlines that run through the airbags are tied into one another... ( ex. starts at the drivers side front axle, then the drivers side rear axle, then the passenger side rear axle - which is the bag that is sitting lower than the rest, then goes to the passenger side front axle)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Did you find the problem? If not, could you take some pictures and upload them?

dartsway Thanks this.
  4. dartsway

dartsway Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Green Bay, WI
    good idea, I'll do that first thing Monday, cuz it's empty right now and you really notice the problem empty... very visible when it's loaded...

5. dartsway

dartsway Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Green Bay, WI
    I can't figure out how to upload images from my phone to here... but I'll get it....

also, a person is trying to tell me that that little rubber bushing that goes around the bolt that stops the spring from going ne farther down if the tires ever leave the ground.... I didn't think the spring ever really touched it...?

6. dartsway

dartsway Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Green Bay, WI
    if ne one knows the ride height for a 99 IH 9400I I'd really appreciate it. mechanics put a new leveler rod on and it seems to b a lil better but also noticed that the ride height was raised up too...

7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    If you have regular Int'l Z leaf air ride the height is 12 1/2" from the top of the air bag to the bottom where it sits on the beam. You are allowed 1/4" tolerance.

dartsway Thanks this.
  8. pop's

pop's Light Load Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Yulee FL.
    I found out the had way there is a low & tall air bag for IH trucks.

DaltonRouth and dartsway Thank this.
  9. dartsway

dartsway Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Green Bay, WI
    I think I figured it out though... there is a plastic piece with one bolt in it, inbetween the shackle and the front of the leaf spring... I'm missing that.

10. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Ah, yes. Slipper pads we call them. There is actually two bolts, one in front, one at the back. Usually a 3/8" bolt, 1 3/4" long or so. They are about an inch thick, so the spring will sit higher in the hanger. Good thing you found it missing. With one missing the other side has more stress on it which can lead to a broken spring.

11. dartsway

dartsway Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Green Bay, WI
    yeah I'm very glad I found that I just replace that Spring... Lol. do you think it would be better to replace them all or just that one?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.