airbag/spring issue. PLZ HELP

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by dartsway, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Depends on how worn they are. When new they are about and inch think. They do wear down and eventually split in half. It is hard to tell unless you pull them out. Chances are they are due for replacement. You should have them of equal thickness side to side, so really you kinda should replace the other side too.

dartsway Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dartsway

dartsway Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Green Bay, WI
    I got all 4...

Heavyd Thanks this.
  4. dartsway

dartsway Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Green Bay, WI
    Put them in, still the same... Other thing I noticed is the bag on the front passenger axle (same side I'm having problems with) is a "continental" , all others are "Goodyear". I'm gonna change that next, and if negative results I don't think their is much more... maybe tractor/trailer is just worn out like that... idk. I've heard of people putting shims in between the bag/'s to level it...

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I would love to see pictures of this!

6. Jaybx

Jaybx Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2015
    I'm having the same issue, I put couple of large washers in between the bottom of bag and leaf. right side front rear drives sit 1 inch lower than left. bags are the same , no leaks, new shocks, new bushings, new king pins

7. Jaybx

Jaybx Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Sprayed down everything with soap water, level valves, dump valves and bags. still having the same issue. washers didn't help, I thought the washers would give me at least 1/2 inch. I put 3 large washers between bottom of air bag and spring leaf where the bag bolts to the leaf..

8. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
  9. Goran1980

Goran1980 Bobtail Member

May 12, 2017
    Has anyone found the fix for this?

10. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Pretty much every time you see this, something got installed wrong, or missed with the spring which is changing the space where the air bag mounts.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.