Airliner suspension reviews

Discussion in 'Western Star Forum' started by NFDDJS, Jul 23, 2012.

1. NFDDJS

NFDDJS Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2012
    New Hampshire
    How do you guys like the airliner suspension you can get with Wester Star or Freightliner?

Ordering my glider this week and the sale guy is saying that the airliner suspension is the best air suspension for 46k rears for on and off road use.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I have run the 46,000 pound suspension quite a bit on the haul road, I prefer the nuway, but airliner is right their with it as far as ride, durability and traction under sever use . It would be my second choice well above all others.

4. Star4900

Star4900 Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Northern Ontario
    I've ran it in logging, walking floor and tri-axle dump trucks and have had no issues. Ride is good, it is stable, truck stays level (doesn't lean like some others I see), has chain clearance and has been pretty reliable.

5. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I’ve had 2 so far on Classics, After 15 yrs My current Truck needed bushings. Not bad, I used ATRO polyurethaning anti- walk bushings. Much harder material ( like plastic) but grooved to resist walking out of the bushing. Whole job w/ labor only $500-$600. Only maintenance item on suspension.Had Hendrickson on my 92 star. Looked similar in design but rode rough. Neway is popular, and loved by most. To Me it’s similar to lo- Ride Pete suspension.Not a big fan of those myself. Kw 8 bag- never, I’d have to put an airliner on a KW if I bought one. Lol Airliners simple and rides good. Maintenance free for years. I’d go with it, myself.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.