Airtabs - do they work?

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by hatlesstrukr, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Good point. I do not use the air tab things. Just haven't been sold on the idea that they do much, unless maybe installed on both tractor and trailer. Since I pull trailers owned by someone else, it really doesn't seem worth it. Yes, if we have any cognitive ability, we try to find ways to cut the costs, and take different approaches. I just see no need to take pot shots at folks who would try to do something that I wouldn't. That shows a sign of weakness. That is what I was confronting in little cat 500's post. These jabs at folks seem to be a prevalent thing on the forum from time to time. They must be trying to make up for low testosterone.

Hammer166 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    Yeah, you sure got more than your fair share aimed at you when talking about your glider specs. While amusing to see those w/o a clue attempt to ridicule your line of thinking, I also had to sit on my hands once or twice to avoid a response that would bring the banhammer. :biggrin_25524:

4. Cowpie1

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Yeah. My hide has gotten thicker over time. :biggrin_2559:

5. Blind Driver

Blind Driver Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2006
    New Albany, IN
    No, it must be a "4 Wheels Parts" sticker.

4WheelParts2.jpg

6. Frenzy

Frenzy Medium Load Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    In the spring of 08 I added Airtabs to my 2000 Century and saw an immediate increase of 4% to the mpg.

russellkanning Thanks this.
  7. russellkanning

russellkanning Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    I think you can get different colors. They still might not match. Just have to have a white truck.:)
    I like the way they look. I guess I like things that work.:)
    On my next truck I will put them on.

8. Cowpie1

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    In the spring? My first thought was you are comparing winter mpg to summer mpg. This is why I tested my ECM work on my engine while still in winter weather, with winter fuel running the same area to eliminate the possibility of seasonal fuel changes skewing the results.

9. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    you can get any color you want white/black..... any other color you must buy 50,000 for them to do a custom color run

10. Blind Driver

Blind Driver Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2006
    New Albany, IN
    That would make the truck and trailer look awfully busy :tard:

11. eeb

eeb Heavy Load Member

Mar 24, 2013
    They take paint pretty well, test it on one first. They shouldn't have any problem selling chrome, plenty of trucks out there covered with chrome tchotckeys, if they manage to install them properly they could improve their fuel economy while pimping their rigs. Walcott would sell'em out immediately.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.