ALDI Drivers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by DTM, Jul 22, 2014.

1. makingaliving

makingaliving Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Is it ever dangerous pulling up to Aldi stores when you have to unload? Some Aldi stores are located in upscale/safer areas and some are not. So my question is do you ever question your security? And is there usually a store employee to meet you there?

2. Big Shot Trucker

Big Shot Trucker Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Ressurecting an old thread to provide some current information, If you work for Sharp Transit you have the option of working days or nights, I started on nights, and began working days a couple months ago. A lot has changed since this thread started, We now get a guaranteed pay every week, or load pay whichever is greater. The insurance is a lot better, and the equipment has improved, I made 78,500 last year working 5 days a week out of Mt. Juliet,Tn DC. We are busier than hell as they are adding 15 stores to this DC this year. The only downside is we have a lot of drivers that tear stuff up because they are not paying attention manuevering around the stores. Out of 38 trucks at our DC probally 30 of them have some kind of body damage. We got 5 brand new KW 680 daycabs less than 2 weeks ago and 4 of the 5 already have body damage. We have a lot of younger drivers that call out of work all the time, and it puts more burden on everyone else. Sometimes the pallets from the DC are crappy, You will learn over time which ones will ride and which ones wont, However you have the option of leaving any unstable pallets at the DC, I have been here over a year and only had one pallet dump. They have recently made some changes that have made slipseating easier, If you have any questions ask away

DazzlinD4 and Need4Speed Thank this.
  3. Big Shot Trucker

Big Shot Trucker Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2013
    If your state allows it and you have a concealed carry permit with reprocity in the states you travel, Sharp WILL allow you to carry a handgun,It is actually stated in their employee manual. I take mine with me everytime I have to do Memphis stores. Check your local laws

4. Whyte Trashe

Whyte Trashe Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2019
    Charlotte, N.C
    Hi Big Shot.
    I know this is an old thread but if you’re still around, can you tell me how driving for Aldi is going for you?
    I might start with them in North Carolina.
    Thanks!

5. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    You are going to WORK for your pay. Sharp pays well, but the benefits were pretty weak in my opinion. The money is definitely there though. Equipment is pretty good. They treat the drivers pretty well. I was there about 2.5 years and left in 2016. I worked out of the Webberville, MI facility.

6. Whyte Trashe

Whyte Trashe Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2019
    Charlotte, N.C
    Thanks for your reply, Mitrucker.
    Benefits are very important to me because my wife needs a kidney transplant. Weak benefits does not sound promising. I spoke to the Sharp terminal manager and all he seemed to know about med insurance was that it was BCBS, and it basically pays 80% which seems to be the standard everywhere.
    If I may ask, could you please elaborate a bit more on the weak bennies?
    Thank you!

7. mitrucker

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    From what I remember, the deductible was very high. $7500 sticks in my mind. My wife had a hysterectomy while we were on it. We owe $7500 or so from that. They should be able to provide you with more information. Keep in mind that I was there from 2013-2016.

Texas_hwy_287 and Whyte Trashe Thank this.
  8. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Last night some Moron in an Aldi truck almost got me killed. Coming out of Chattanooga towards Music City I passed a Holland. I was doing 69. I was ready to pull back over when I saw a truck on the side with his reflectors out. So I gave him room. I saw a truck.coming up on me so.i wanted to get over asap. I cleared the broken truck and put my signal on. Made a slight move to the right as I was the checking my mirror. I looked at the mirror but what caught my eye was a white day cab flying by me on the right. I snapped the wheel left and he went halfway into the shoulder. Freaking idiot. So he not only passed me on the right, but gave the broken truck no courtesy either. I'm still thinking about how ugly it could have been. Can't believe they don't govern those trucks either.

9. GreenB90

GreenB90 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Quick question.. on the aldi account do you work the holidays?

10. mitrucker

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    When I did it, we had some of the big ones off. The stores are closed on major holidays, so that helps.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.