All Aluminum Step Deck

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by RJ Lopez, Feb 29, 2016.

1. weaselbagger

weaselbagger Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Same stake pocket showing no weld on the outside and the weld on the inside of the side rail. This is how my 2015 Reitnouer is put together.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    Yep, stake pockets on a Reitnouer are welded on the inside.

4. Fast1

Fast1 Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Hutchinson,Ks
    Hey thanks, I appreciate it.

MJ1657 and 281ric Thank this.
  5. BullJammer

BullJammer Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2014
    East Texas
    So is the consensus that Mac designs the better trailer for 40k+ loads? Also, what is the thought about 48' vs 53'?

6. weaselbagger

weaselbagger Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2015
    MY consensus is that Reitnouer makes a great trailer, and that is what I pull. I also believe that Mac and Wilson make very good trailers. Maybe better than mine. I have seen mine "depressed" as shown in the picture, but when the load is removed, it returns to normal with no apparent ill effects. I have seen a Doonan do the same. My *opinion* is that if it can't flex, it WILL break.
    As far as 48vs53', I prefer the 53 for the same reason I prefer a stepdeck; it is more versatile. I have hauled two KW900s that definitely would NOT have fit on a 48' trailer. I run 19.5" rubber and can haul stuff 10'4" tall and be 13'6". And that has happened numerous times with tractors(farm type) and trucks, including one I unloaded this morning.
    I would respectfully suggest that you get a sliding rear axle. Connecticut, California and Florida are measuring kingpin to back axle, and flamming you for it if you are too long. One side benefit of the sliding axle is that you can overinflate your trailer suspension to get you closer to reaching normal dock height.
    Hope this all helps!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  7. blacklabel

blacklabel Heavy Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    MO
    All aluminum retinour, On 19.5. I'm digging it

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    Ruthless Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.