All for nothing

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Trucker Axe, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Except it’s not, because those trucks will be repaired and ready for the next person who signs on the bottom line.

You never answered my earlier question of who will be sued? SFI? What did they do? They held up their end of the contract unless it says you get a different truck or can go back to being a company driver if you can’t afford to fix your lease truck. Will it be Paccar? They don’t manufacture the sensor. So then it must be the fault of the company that makes the sensor. But what if they made the sensors but they’re sitting in containers waiting to be offloaded?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. markealy

markealy Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2013
    EL PASO
    just saying my lease is pretty good iam glad i didnt go with sfi....it was tough decision but iam glad i went with TEL

4. MiFamilyGuy

MiFamilyGuy Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Would there be anything preventing someone in the OP's situation from seeking an alternate source of income during that extensive down time? I've only been a company driver so I've never seen the details on a lease agreement. Assuming that someone goes into business with their finances in order and has reserve funds in both personal and business accounts, it seems like even something as simple as delivering pizzas for a few weeks could soften the blow and buy some more time before going under. It obviously won't replace all of the lost revenue but it might extend the life of the rainy day fund. Seems like just buying a few more weeks would've made the difference there. Don't knock pizza delivery. It paid my bills for a few years before truck school.

ibcalm19 Thanks this.
  5. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    This why you do your due diligence. There are pluses and minuses in every lease. There are companies out there that will suspend your payments and/or provide a loaner.

Gabe2790 Thanks this.
  6. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Sorry but I expect a manufacturer to have any and every part available on a new vehicle within a few weeks at most ….

If that makes me a welfare queen or whatever you want to call me so be it…..

sealevel and gentleroger Thank this.
  7. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Then I guess we all better just start suing everyone over the course of the next year or so. I’m sure there are plenty of things that people need and are waiting for in the containers on the 100 or so so ships that can’t get offloaded. If Paccar can prove they ordered sensors months and months ago, then what? Go after the manufacturer? What if they can prove they produced everything ordered and shipped it, then what? Go after the shipping company?

Where do you draw the line on parts expectations? Because now it’s not just stuff for new trucks. My brother was told 2 weeks ago it would be 45 days for a long block from Cummins when he broke the crank in his ISX. So he found a low mileage X15 and threw that in after he deleted it. It’s going to be tough no matter what for the next year or so and everyone is going to need the cash to be able to wait for parts.

AModelCat and gentleroger Thank this.
  8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Delete is illegal……except if your a manufacturer I guess.

those sensors are small , fed ex them in from China or whatever crappy country they make them in. They shouldn’t be in a container period.

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    All I know is everywhere you turn........it's filled with the wtf tarded.

And they are happy being wtf tarded, cause the guberment will care for them if they can't count to 20 using all their digits.

10. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    The company always wins the lease deal, always.
    You can tell the driver a million times,
    They never listen.

I'm on the company's side,
    Go job SFI.
    If they keep asking for it, then keep giving it to them.
    I wish I had the money to get in on
    This racket.
    It's like playing blackjack and winning every hand.

Hotplate Thanks this.
  11. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    You can sit and ##### about the hand you're dealt or nut up and figure out a way around it.

Last Call Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.