ALL Schneider Drivers Please Read!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by hlaird, Feb 26, 2009.

1. daddysGMC

daddysGMC Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2009
    La.Hotshottin'
    Hmmm.That sounds accurate to me,what is the alternate though?Who and how is a EFFECTIVE boycott of this here size organized??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC

From a soon to be ex-Schneider driver.

As long as you're willing to live with the outcome, have at it.

4. daddysGMC

daddysGMC Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2009
    La.Hotshottin'
    Yeppity a lil forethought can go a long way....well said there driver.....Maybe one day we will see a truly organized effort,but the strength is needed in numbers,that's my 2 cents on it anyway.....

5. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi

Take time to speak with drivers who have been there for 20 years or more.

Ask about their union.... worked great LMAO.

6. hlaird

hlaird Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Memphis, TN

Well I keep getting infractions for making "insults" so I'll try to say it differently. I think it's dangerous to have the attitude of taking whatever you can get and not complaining about anything. It gives companies a free pass to treat you like garbage and pay you peanuts. I think people in China have that attitude. It's part of their culture. So unless you want the US to continue going down that road, getting closer and closer to China, you need to re-evaluate your attitude.

7. hlaird

hlaird Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    I think there's well run unions and poorly run unions. I think there's well run non-union companies and poorly run non-union companies. Unionization isn't the bottom line, it's the level of greed and intelligence of collective employees and employers.

8. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Then Schneider is a shining example of a poorly run one.

Last count was 6 remaining members. That was almost 2 years ago.

9. sw1241

sw1241 Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    I will try to explain my attitude to you. I have been on unemployment from the first of the year, Last year I had a six figure income(from the left side of the period) and sat in my air conditioned office and told the people that worked for me what to do. My type of work is disapearing faster than company truck drivers, so now I am getting ready to drive truck again, Not because I have to but because it is a job that I was and will be again sucessful at. The best cliche I can throw at you is that a Squeaking wheel bearing gets the grease BUT the next maintenence it gets replaced.

10. DOTRA

DOTRA Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Racine, Wisconsin
    My wife works for Work Force Developement Center in Racine Wisconsin. Each worker is supposed to have about 200 cases (people) At present each worker has about 700. With no overtime allowed there's not enough time to contact everyone of them. End result is, some don't get food stamps, or insurance. They want the workers to turn down there wage increase that was to go in effect about 2 years ago. If not they will be laid off for 15 weeks, one or two at a time. When that happens then their case load is devided up amoung the other workers, making their work loads bigger.

11. punkinhed

punkinhed Medium Load Member

Sep 19, 2008
    hello, cleveland!
    complaining about conditions is one thing. telling your employer that you're trying to organize a boycott of your own customers to protest a wage freeze is something entirely different. note: i said wage freeze, not wage cut... or job cut...

obviously, we don't know what you told them in your letter, but if your tone was anything like what's going on in this thread, you'd better mind your p's and q's because if that letter gets into the wrong person's hands on the wrong day you could find yourself fired for not wearing approved footwear or forgetting to send in your mac 17/18.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.