Alley Dock

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by D0618466, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    He is in school. I agree with you across the board. Some of the ways they teach this stuff is silly. However the examiner that gives this student his driving test is going to expect it to be done this way. Sucks a bit.

Wargames Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D0618466

D0618466 Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2018
    Thanks for nothing I didn’t get much advice from this thread more so, “I’m a trucker, I know how to do this. Just back the #### truck up.” Well to everyone who commented for ego purposes thank you. I will go through the process justlike you did when you first received your cdl exam on backing, I guess it was true about most trucker being douche bags. What’s the point of commenting on a post where I ask for advice, with pointless bullchitt answers? Your wasting your time, and definitely wasting mine, obviously I’m not backing into docs yet, the whole purpose was for advice so I can pass my exam. But hey that might be shy you became a trucker because you can’t comprehend basic sentences. And reading wasn’t your best strongsuit. But I appreciate it not for nothing..... thanks

4. D0618466

D0618466 Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2018

5. D0618466

D0618466 Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2018
    Gives self pat on the back. Would you like that cookie fresh for your challenge?

6. Jwhis

Jwhis Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2018
    To the OP. 20 feet out and 20 feet up is a good estimate. But for the test just pull up to the cone.

7. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
  8. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    I know it doesn’t seem that way now, but wargames was actually telling you what you need to know. I’ve said for years that the schools teaching this “backing by numbers” style does a disservice to the students. It really only makes it harder on you.

I’m not knocking you for being frustrated- backing can be very frustrating. But the truth is, it’s all feel. You need to figure that out- as opposed to learning a formula. Once you get the feel down it really all falls into place much quicker than wasting your time learning some over complicated formula.

Hang in there, most people have had the same struggles when 1st learning to back up an articulated vehicle. It’s all practice.

Wargames and Dan.S Thank this.
  9. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia

In all honesty you came to the wrong place to ask a school question. In my first post #2 in this thread I tried to answer your main question asked in your 2nd quote >>>>You are going to find many of the times you are bumping a dock that there is either not a lot of room or some hazard blocking a standard setup.<<<<. I wish you all the best and hope you get that CDL and land a great job. However with your last comment your just going to make people in here avoid your questions if your going to bite them like this.

Dan.S Thanks this.
  10. hagarcobra

hagarcobra Medium Load Member

May 24, 2013
    Seems to me like you're not listening. From what you've written it seems like you already to know what to do in that particular situation to pass your test. You don't need advice, you just need to keep practicing. Your "formula" will not work in the in the real world very often, so it's best just to throw it out the window.Good luck and hope to see you out here soon.

Wargames and Dan.S Thank this.
  11. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    No cookie, but I tink yo moma wants to change u diaper, Ha, Ha, Ha,

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.