Almost all Walmarts now don’t allow truck parking

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Lennythedriver, Mar 20, 2022.

1. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Ok. Enjoy your fantasy world. I took off my blinders and rose colored glasses long ago.

And it’s not an opinion just because you disagree. Reality is reality.

InTooDeep and Coover Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Boondock

Boondock Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2019
    1) Stop spraying urine and feces all over the parking lot...it stinks and makes it unsanitary.....mmm..kay
    2) Stop throwing your trash on the ground..put it in the proper receptical...mm..kay
    3) Stop running over curbs and destroying landscaping...these things cost money to repair and its unsightly...mmm..kay 3o6ZsZdNs3yE5l6hWM.gif

4. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    If only Walmart would shuttle truck drivers to the stores this could all be fixed. They could make so many thousands of dollars!!!

JolliRoger, TheLoadOut and Boondock Thank this.
  5. westcoastie

westcoastie Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2022
    pacific NW
    The ones in Dickinson, ND and Jamestown, ND are very good. They were mandatory stops for me, I always loaded up my cab with stuff from those. Very thankful to the store and I always made it a point to be as considerate as possible.

6. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    I usually keep a fair amount of medical, health, related stuff onboard but one time I needed a prescription for a killer sinus infection while on the road. Wal-Mart's can be very handy for that kind of stuff too, sick on the road, need supplies or medicine. Imagine coming back out to a boot or a tow truck when you're already feeling like crap. It is unfortunate that some people have absolutely no respect for others property. They have made it difficult for the rest of us.

Boondock and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  7. staceydude

staceydude Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2020
    Lolol, is that really a question???

JoeyJunk and Boondock Thank this.
  8. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Some Walmarts have signs that state no truck parking but they don't bother you. And yes the truckers ruined it, by leaving trash, tires and pee bottles.

drvrtech77, Coover, bzinger and 2 others Thank this.
  9. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    D.Tibbitt, JonJon78 and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  10. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Walmart parking lots are the "hidden gem" parking spot for Nomads, truck drivers, RV-ers, and others. There are so many of each of those users that Walmarts in many areas are filling up with parkers. The unenforced No Truck Parking signs often happen because the city prohibits truck parking in the city, not Walmart. Walmart may only enforce it when the city forces them to do it. Also, some Walmarts are on leased property and the property leasor doesn't want trucks parking on the property. It's private property, they get to decide if they want trucks on it. There is no reason to ever litter, or worse, on someone elses property. Some drivers stop 7 times a day to eat, fuel, etc. They walk past trash cans at every stop. Drivers being a filthy animal is not just hurting them. It hurts others

JolliRoger and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Walmart may have to pay property tax based on the area that they improve. If they create a large truck parking area that may increase their tax bill. What if the Post Office sent you a notice saying you have to create a parking area for their mail carrier since he needs to take a lunch break. Then the USPS provided a list of specifications they require, not just a dirt lot, or just park in the grass.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.