Almost failed....

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by WesternPlains, Jan 3, 2018.

1. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    After all this time. All the research, applying to so many jobs, CDL school. Been since July 10th I worked last. You won't have to put up with me anymore. I'm starting training Monday morning. Driving to Denver Sunday.
    New boss is great. Said we will get my car back by having me drive back sometime. He'll fly me back to Denver. He said to go ahead and bring a bunch of stuff in the car.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    That's great news. It sure is a long process, isn't it?

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  4. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Wtf kind of test is that? Wow, biggest load of crap I've ever heard of. I've never had any problem climbing steps, onto side of a skateboard from the ground throwing 50lb tarps over top of a big coil, or climbing on top of square bails of hay and tarping them....

But hence I don't do minerals, and such I'm fueled by chicken, steak, and Bourbon. ;-)

Best of luck to you.

Dave_in_AZ and Lepton1 Thank this.
  5. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    Yes... Believe me... unemployment tried to shorten it... real hard. :)

I just looked on the map. My terminal is Con Agra Foods. I thought I was gonna loose out on fun by not driving reefer. Looked at a picture map. They got those tankers lined up next to each other. Just like reefer. hehe....

Thank you to all the Marines for the input. People I used to work with said I should have been a Marine. I loved running. Have run three marathons. But now? I'm 57... I'm afraid the Corps. would grind me out before my getting in shape. hehe

To borrow from another person.... This job is going to be a huge piece of cake! I'm hauling flower. ... rofl... :laughing-guffaw:

Am seriously looking forward to it. Am actually excited. Hoping to make this the best years of my entire life! :laughing8:

Dave_in_AZ, Blackshack46 and Lepton1 Thank this.
  6. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    Thank you Coover.... I left out one little detail. They had me stepping up and down a staircase for three minutes before doing that test.... Doh!

7. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
  8. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    Noticed a message on my answering machine. Left when I was out today.
    From my new big boss in Iowa. Welcoming me. Also made it clear to say; If there is any problem, anything he (terminal manager) said that doesn't match up, anything... Please call me. He also said he would be checking back with me in 45 days.
    This just keeps sounding good/better all the time.
    The hesitations I had... may be only that?

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  9. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    He probably gets a bonus for recruiting you and probably another one if you stay 60 Days.
    Give it a hundred days and you’ll be a disgruntled employee like every other driver you meet.
    Good luck

AZ Pete and Lepton1 Thank this.
  10. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    :laughing-guffaw:
    Most everyone I meet is disgruntled, and miserable. As if they think it's some sort of virtue that shows wisdom.

Lepton1 and AZ Pete Thank this.
  11. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Agility test at WW? When did all that start? They're talking to me about their reefer division and there's been no mention of that. Just current physical & drug screen.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.