Alternator noise

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Taken5875, May 15, 2017.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Lots of good technicians have seen his work and claim to do better but every time I put their work to the test at never Compares even by a small margin.
    I was hoping that maybe you had something a little more scientific instead of a religious conviction.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Look rabbi, we've been over this and don't care to rehash the entire issue about mark, the fan club and all of that. When you make claims of me not knowing what I'm talking about because after 40 years of doing this I don't prescribe to the idea that there is a great savior of cb radio in just one person. Techs come and go, a lot of the better ones in the past would have put mark to shame with both skills and knowledge which you refuse to accept.

4. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    The fact you felt compelled to re-tune a radio and amplifier in your possession tells me you don't understand the work that was done to it. It would have been amusing to measure the decrease in performance after your "adjustments".

5. Ridgeline

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Dude, when you are doing the level of work that you claim that Mark does, then you can criticize others, especially others who you don't know or see/hear the results of their work.

Up till then, it is you who should be listening to others, not assuming one person has the answers.

Like I said, there are a lot of good people out there who are very knowledgeable, they know their stuff and they have more experience and skills than Mark.

6. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I never make assumptions. I let guys like you tune radios identical to mine, and do side by side comparisons to determine skill level. The work speaks for itself. Out of hundreds of techs not one can come close. You are welcome to try. When your "tune" is incapable of hearing the same signal as my radio it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's up- so YES, I'm entitled to criticize what doesn't work as well. There will always be a point at which one radio hears further than the other. Naturally you would chalk it up as a fluke and come up with some sort of excuses but I guarantee if I took that same radio that you did back over to Mark the performance would be relatively equal after he got done with it. I'm so confident I'd put money on it.
    You are correct that there are folks with more experience and skills than Mark. He freely admits this because it's true. Unfortunately those skills are rendered useless by preconceived ideas about coaxial cable and their minds are crippled by preconceived notions just like yourself.
    I don't need a bench to criticize a radios lack of performance. all I need are two identical radios, two identical cables, and an antenna Switcher to measure differences on the same antenna on the same day in the same place at the same time. Then when you want to blame the cable for your radios lack of performance I can then switch radios over to the other cables and then do the test all over again to eliminate your excuse regarding the cable. According to you, a uniform standard of measurement isn't necessary for taking precise measurements but this video along with the bird 43 manual says otherwise.
    I'm inclined to believe those that are scientifically correct as opposed to those who think the laws of physics don't apply to 27 megahertz. Lots of people have tried to tell me it's a gimmick but those same people have been unable to duplicate the results that I have grown accustomed to.

21000 views and only 43 in denial including yourself. There's only one scientifically correct way of taking precise measurements and most good technicians have a religious belief that prevents them from recognizing the laws of physics rendering their measurements slightly flawed. Changing the standard by which the measurement is taken will always result in a different measurement as much as many people would like to pretend otherwise.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  7. kc0iv

kc0iv Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Parkville, Mo
    Question?

What is the input impedance of the linear?

leon
    kc0iv

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  8. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I think we can assume it is not what it is supposed to be. That is why it is so important to have a measurement standard. By sticking with a standard of measurement that renders reactance invisible to the test equipment it really doesn't matter what the input impedance is of the amplifier because we'll get consistent results regardless of what that impedance might be and as long as that equipment is installed in the customer's vehicle using the same formula it will perform exactly the same in the customer's vehicle as it did on the bench.
    Disregard the formula and the customer is totally screwed. Keep in mind most of his customers are single frequency customers with class C amplifiers.
    The ham world is totally different and for those customers requiring multiple bands he always recommends class A/B biasing with a perfect 50 ohm input impedance but that is less relevant for those customers who are strictly on 27.185 using amplitude modulation and never deviate from that frequency or mode of transmission.
    Measurement differences will occur if the standard of measurement is changed, even if the input impedance is a perfect 50 ohms and the amplifier is class A/B biased although it will be less noticeable since it's a linear signal but the Power measurement will vary slightly. It's all in the bird 43 manual

9. Ridgeline

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    You know rabbi, one reason why I hesitate to offer advice on this forum is because of the crap you keep shoving like you are the PR firm for Mark.

In all honesty I could give two ****s about my work compared to his, I don't think he would care as much either. For some reason you keep bringing comparing work as if it really important, I am not selling services, I am not selling my equipment as super duper radios, but you seem to be one of these people who need to see proof like it is important to offer advice. I won't post videos of my stuff, I won't tell anyone where you can hear me and I don't need to prove anything to people because I've done that already.

You bring up these things as if you actually know what you are talking about, you argue with me on things that have been already proven and worked out but you don't get it. One such thing that comes to mind is the 1/2 wave dipole formula, you gave me an abstract physics formula and I provided one of the few that has been worked out for decades, but you said I was wrong.

So I gave up, I come here to poke at some things and then leave, which I will do again.

By the way, I assume you know who I am.

10. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I consider myself a PR firm for the laws of physics and any person who subscribes to the laws of physics and not a specific individual. In regards to B.S. this crap you keep shoving like the laws of physics don't apply to you or 27 megahertz and that your religious belief that a measurement standard is unimportant for taking accurate measurements at a specific frequency under adverse conditions is the only BS I've noticed other than that all of your advice has been fairly well up to par.
    In regards to knowing your identity, no I have no idea who you are.
    I just try to keep things in their proper perspective that's all. Like I said on many occasions, I'm always looking for a better technician but that would involve someone who is capable of seeing what's really there instead of an anomaly caused by an imprecise measurement standard.

11. kc0iv

kc0iv Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Parkville, Mo
    As I understand your tech sells a fix length coax interface. Well if that is true then the input become very important.

leon
    kc0iv

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.