Altom Transport

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Big_Red, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Jbond

Jbond Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Gizzmo, where do you run? southwest, west coast , any canada ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sshewins

sshewins Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    We have 2 dispatchers, but 1 is strictly for safety kleen. The other is, well, kinda a scatter brain. Forgets to send stuff all the time. The lead mechanic isn't very motivated. 2 drivers I know have been in multiple trucks. One has been in 4 different trucks and the other was in 3 before he quit (for other reasons not related to that)

4. Jbond

Jbond Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2015
    I think you posted on the wrong thread ?

5. sshewins

Aug 21, 2011
    Nope. I'm leased to Altom and I'm out of the indy terminal.

6. Jbond

Jbond Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Oh, i was just wondering where you guys run mostly ,Im from Pittsburgh 48/ canada/ cali ? Any Az.?

7. sshewins

Aug 21, 2011
    I was just in AZ 2 weeks ago. Problem was not much coming out. Been to Canada plenty. Trying to get a load to Alaska. So far nothing. We do have primary areas, but yes, we do lower 48.

Jbond and TruckDuo Thank this.
  8. Buffalo69

Buffalo69 Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Does ALTOM use elogs?

9. fredh

fredh Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2015
    Yes they do.

10. fredh

fredh Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2015
    I just recently left Altom, (semi-retired after many years on the road). I was there 14 years as an O/O. One of the best companies I have worked for. Their equipment is top notch and driver friendly. As with all companies, pay is what it is (percentage for o/o and company drivers) I earned good money while I was there with a minimum of hassle. Checks were always there and never bounced. Dispatch was friendly and always worked with me. Payroll department was good and I only had a couple of problems in my time there and they were taken care of asap.

Their company trucks are first class and O/O spec. I was never without a load unless it was my choice not to run. All in all, I enjoyed my time there.

11. scottackert

scottackert Bobtail Member

May 3, 2015
    Hey guys I just received my copy of a lease with them and would like a lot more information from there o/o's , I live in new york and dispatch said they could get me home on a regular bases, what kind of weekly mileage and revenue . I'd like to finish my last ten years with another good company.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.