Am I asking for too much?

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by Rollin and Trollin, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollin and Trollin

Rollin and Trollin Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2016
    First off, if this is the wrong thread for this, my sincerest apologies, and if a mod could move it, that would be great.

Ok, down to brass tax. I'm looking for a DFW-area based trucking company (or one with a terminal in the area) to drive for. But I have a small laundry list of preferences and requirements that need to be met. I have 2 years experience, and a squeaky clean record. I know what I need to make work as comfy and productive as possible, so here's my "list of demands".

Someone please tell me if this is asking too much.

Requirements.
    1. I prefer to stay out 4-6 weeks at a time, and take 4-6 days off during home time. Company must be able to accommodate this.
    2. No inward facing dash cam of any kind. I don't like having crap stuck to my windshield to begin with, but I can handle an outward facing cam. I refuse to have my privacy invaded though.
    3. Trucks governed at 65mph or above.
    4. This kinda goes against #3, but no fuel consumption "nannies" or pestering about mpg's from dispatch. I don't have the personality to handle constant nagging. That's why I'm divorced.
    5. No overspeed bells, buzzers, nagging from dispatch, etc. If I'm going downhill and have another big hill to climb I want all the momentum I can get.
    6. Either APU's or no nagging about idle time using the built in optimized idle doodads equipped on the truck. I either cant sleep at all, or get pee-pee poor quality sleep if I am hot. I'm a bigger guy, and I sweat easy. If I'm sweaty, I can't sleep.
    7. Trucks need to either be equipped with an inverter and a fridge by the company, or allow my wallet to install them. Can't eat Subway and Carl's Jr all the bloody time. Gotta be able to cook.
    8. Paid weekly.
    9. $.40+ cpm
    10. A dispatch that leaves you alone, lets you do your job, and doesn't ask you 7 times a day what your ETA is or any other continuous nagging.
    11. Dry or reefer freight.
    12. New(ish) Freightliners. (Personal preference)

That's all I can remember for now.
    Now that I see it typed out...maybe I *am* asking too much in my search for the "perfect" trucking company for me. Lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MYPY Transportation

MYPY Transportation Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2017
    48 states
    How many miles can you drive per week? We don't have a terminal at DFW area, but we can find a parking there.2290

4. jfar28139

jfar28139 Light Load Member

May 28, 2012
    Rutherfordton, NC
    Your requirements don't seem out of line to us but we don't have a terminal in DFW. We would meet everything but the speed warnings. If you are consistently speeding, you will get warned by safety. Surely, someone can meet the requirements.

5. the white knight

the white knight Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Easy demands!!! You could even raise the bar on your CPM. You should look at my posting. haha, I'll get it. I got .47 today and turned it down. .45 yesterday but I want .50! I'll get it. Small companies will pay for quality. Remember that.

6. MYPY Transportation

Mar 11, 2017
    48 states
    We can pay 50c/mile for good drivers, 2290

My mistake "2290" I mean 1099 :)))

7. the white knight

the white knight Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2017
  8. MYPY Transportation

Mar 11, 2017
    48 states
  9. bigblue101

bigblue101 Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Indiana
    We have a yard in Fort Worth, and I can handle your needs listed. I won't ever steer you wrong, what I say I can do, I'll do. Give me a call so we can talk further. James @ 765-969-4986

10. Scottyboy

Scottyboy Light Load Member

Heck no-your not asking to much.It's nice to see you have priorities-2 yrs n squeaky clean cdl-right on driver.
    Dont short change yourself,
    # 9-----------.50 cpm.
    # 13----------no 2290.
    If you dont have much luck-get ya a freightshaker from lone mountain n go on your own.Being divorced is a good first step.Good luck.

11. vegaskid

vegaskid Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Windermere, FL.
    Hey so what company do you have in Indiana I might be interested in driving for you can give me that

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.