Am I being nit picky

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by omg-downshift!, Sep 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x#1

x#1 Road Train Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Cherokee County, Alabama
    live a little and run chancy loads. you will not always be able to say no as that one load may very well be the load getting you to the house. i bet that you park the truck when the elogs and qualcom tell you to and you aren't even 20 miles from a truck stop. yeah,might as well get out of trucking now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    Like a few have said, keep an old mudflap and even some zip ties with you (I prefer to carry some tools, but whatever)....That way if it happens again, you can at least get to a TS or other facility. Heck, you could even offer to save them the mechanic charge if they pay for the 2 frickin wrenches you need to change it out....That way you save them some $$$ and now have some tools for next time that THEY bought for you!

Just sayin'.....

4. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Sometimes the bolts are stars sometimes standard or ? ..

5. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Husband kept a mudflap and used it as a floor mat until it was needed for a mudflap. Zip tied on and away it goes. People were always good for dropping trailers out in the boonies with no truckstops near.

The worst trailer that was loaded was about a week ago from a major tire place. The pigtail had to be taped and the air canister was leaking. Drug it back 48 mi to a TA so he didn't have to go through the chicken coops and then had to wait overnight where they could check and get a new one. Gets it to the main terminal and here it turned out to be a junk trailer they were getting rid of. Why it was loaded in the first place is beyond me. But that is the way life goes, plenty of freebies somedays.

6. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Hopefully those zip ties don't break. :biggrin_2556:

7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    If you were on the other end of the phone, and you had a 100 drivers that week making that same refusal, what would you tell them? Keep in mind, someone has to pay for all these road-service calls.

8. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp

It's just a temporary fix to get the 30 miles or whatever to get it fixed....(or get a star wrench....*cough, cough*)

Chinatown and passingthru69 Thank this.
  9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    So, that's where those Martin Transport mudflaps came from on that dry box!

Mudguppy Thanks this.
  10. david123abc

david123abc Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    I'm about the laziest person you'll ever meet and even I'll drag one to the truckstop and put on a mudflap.

Also, from my googlefu, a missing mudflap is worth a whopping 1 csa point if you were caught. Oh the humanity.

allniter Thanks this.
  11. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Just so happens I didn't have that tool on board and truck stops don't srll thaat size

and just another day.. lights are gettin that way to.. go figure

rivets

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.