Am I being nit picky

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by omg-downshift!, Sep 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    I love these threads. Guy asks for an opinion and everyone keeps piling on him even after he taps out and basically admits he maybe should have handled it differently.

It would be fun to see how many pages it makes if the mods didn't shut it down.

d o g Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    That's the whole point of these forums is to get all opinions and sides voiced about a particular subject matter, that future readers (newbie drivers) will hopefully glean something useful from. Remember, new[er] drivers have little experience to reference for perspective, having not trucked in the "real world" very long.

4. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    I get that but its like there is an echo in here. The same responses over and over and over.....

5. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Its really a pleasant thought while doing a drop and hook to find the only empty there has a missing and or mud flap / bracket along with lights missing and part of the wiring harness cut out. How about a whistling brake can to boot.. just makes my day..

allniter Thanks this.
  6. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Que up Pink Floyd album "Echoes"

allniter Thanks this.
  7. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

I know, I was one of those echoes. lol

8. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    I would have called too. Here is my logic...its in the boonies meaning gravel. Piece of gravel flies out and hits a car its my ### and no one else so I think I would made them fix it too. If we were talking about getting it at customer and all blacktop I would ran the 30 miles

9. Reefer_Madness

Reefer_Madness Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2014
    +1 but I would of looked for the obviously dead lived trailed and relocated one from there. It none were deadlined then fake from an empty...you had options you just didn't use your brain.

ShooterK2 Thanks this.
  10. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Drivers do this (and drivers from competitor carriers) and it's always going to be an issue to be dealt with (stealing lights and flaps from nearby trailers)

Better to have a missing mud flap then a pallet of rejected product to deal with. I have no doubt there are trailers here and there that have been sitting for 6 months "empty", that have rejected product on them ... "Hello, dispatch? There are no empties here. What should I do?"

dca Thanks this.
  11. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Echo echo echo

MJ1657 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.