Am I being nit picky

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by omg-downshift!, Sep 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    HUH!??? Sorry, but I'm lost on this one.... lol.

Anyway, consider this post as one more vote for the "I would have taken one off the dropped trailer" crowd.

MJ1657 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    Valid point.....However-

OP said he dropped his empty to hook to the loaded (and damaged/ill equipped) trailer, no? Hows about, instead of putting his foot down and insisting on waiting God only knows how long for the mud flap technician (snicker) to arrive....Oh, I dunno......Maybe one might consider bobtailing to said mudflap retail and installation site (snick....er...echo) and purchase said road debris deflection device and installation units (dying here...LOL) and return to complete aforementioned procedure well in advance of estimated time of said technician's probable arrival timeframe?

Or, just call it in and show who's boss. Meh.

allniter Thanks this.
  4. Trckdrvr

Trckdrvr Heavy Load Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Georgia
    What are they going to do when they have 6"in of snow on the roof of the trailer?
    refuse to haul it because it is now over 13'6"?..or require the company to send out the rooftop trailer shovel truck from Loves?

oops..sorry.I shouldn't even get this argument started for a few more weeks..nevermind.

5. Mean Streak

Mean Streak Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Boyd, TX
    stupid spell check and ya thats my point thanks.

6. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    some companies pay for a removal service.. its illegal in some states to roll down the road like that plus it adds weight ..

7. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Mudguppy...didnt think of that. Its a good point. I generally don't carry extra mudflaps but will from now on. I have tools to change it and have done so before. I have dealt with so many trailer issues I can fix most anything to get to said repair location quicker than they can send someone out. Except tires and when pigtail cut, didn't have tools for that.

Mudguppy Thanks this.
  8. Trckdrvr

Trckdrvr Heavy Load Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Georgia
    So?..i put you down as the refuse to pull trailer w snow on the roof group?

9. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    I didn't read through all of the replies, but take the mudflap off the rear of your tractor and install it on the trailer. You are not required to even have mudflaps on the back of the tractor as long as you are hooked to a trailer, so no risk whatsoever of getting a ticket. When you get to the truck stop, buy a couple mudflaps so you can fix your current situation and have an extra or two for the next time it happens.

mugurpe and KMG365 Thank this.
  10. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    I'd pull trailer with snow. Done it before, in NY too. Just let it fly off there. Lol

11. Vintage

Vintage Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Sea to Shining Sea
    give the guy a break already sure you might say he was being too cautious on this one but better safe than sorry. Isn't that the saying?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.