Am I being nit picky

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by omg-downshift!, Sep 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BROKENSPROKET

BROKENSPROKET Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Wisconsin
    I carry a cordless drill, but I might try that. I have a female coupler on a gladhand and male coupler on a pressure gauge air chuck. I put air couplers on a 50 ft. flexzilla air hose. Works great. I have will test out a pneumatic drill to see how quickly it would or would not deplete the air tanks.

I have a full set of tools and think every driver should. I ain't no diesel mechanic, but a mudflap is easy. Tore one of last week backing into a construction site. Had it back on before I left. The nylon lock nuts were a #####, too hot to touch by,the time came off, but I still consider it a easy repair.

I have been considering getting air brake service certified.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    You know how it works... when things get tight and you have to let someone go, it'll get down to the employee who brings the least value to your operation. The guy who always wants road service for nit noy problems instead of dealing with it is going.

allniter Thanks this.
  4. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    Wow....9 pages about a mudflap! I'm impressed!

5. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Cordless stuff requires batteries, which must be maintained and periodically charged. The truck has an air compressor, which puts out more cfm than most "affordable" air compressors available for your home. As long as the truck is running, you shouldn't run out of air using basic 3-5 cfm tools. Sure, the compressor may kick on...but it'll build pressure even while using the tool. If you're worried about it, idle up to 900-1000 rpm while you're working. I've run a 1/2" impact and even a cut-off tool with no problems.

allniter Thanks this.
  6. RGRTim

RGRTim Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Greenville, TX
    If you drove for me I would probably call you a cab instead of road service. Send you a message to get your stuff out of my truck and lock the keys in it. Road service for a mud flap? Really? like other have said carry a mud flap, in fact you probably don't have to buy one. walk along the back row of just about any truck stop and you will probably find one laying there. No good you say? turn it upside down pull out your knife poke 3-4 holes in it grab your package of zip strips (you do carry a knife and zip strips right?) zip strip that bad boy on there and move out.

allniter Thanks this.
  7. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    I think he gets it now. Let's move on.

Ukumfe, MJ1657 and 123456 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.