Am I insane? Thinking about going back to OTR.

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by McUzi, May 12, 2019.

1. Jay5GS

Jay5GS Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    i would go OTR for minimum 2k a week on W-2 with passenger privilege

McUzi and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Dang, thought I had one for you, but passenger program is only allowed for Canadian drivers.
    Trimac Transportation
    Q. Can I take a passenger with me?
    A. Our core value at Trimac is “Safety,” and keeping you safe is our number one priority, therefore passengers are not allowed. However a family rider program is available in Canada.

4. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Hey now that is my kind of job!!! I have worked cowboying on and off my whole life... Not some wanna be either the real deal... Riding, roping, branding, castrateing, pulling calves, doctoring... The whole shebang... But it is not usually a job that pays enough to support a family on unless you get on with a big outfit that provides housing. Mist folks are born into such positions, die in them.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  5. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    The PO has a budget for mule delivery, but I'm pretty sure they contract the work out...just like all the other HCR mail contractors out there. So most likely, anybody interested in becoming a mule mailman would have to bid on a government contract, if you have the mules and horses to do that type of work...or work for a contractor.

A lot of private sector companies wouldn't even waste their time or resources to make such remote deliveries because they base everything off of where they can generate the most money...but what separates the PO from other delivery services is that they are a government service to the public that was never meant to make a profit. They're obligated to make universal deliveries at an affordable price, no matter how remote the place is. So as long as you have a mailbox, it's their sworn duty to deliver the mail.

faux_maestro, MACK E-6 and Cattleman84 Thank this.
  6. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Abington, MA. T,X as well as TWIC card.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Superior Carriers - Boston - click here > Apply On Company Site
    Earning Potential - $85,000.00 /year - Full Time
    [​IMG]

McUzi Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Northern Gas Transport is a family owned company and a leader in the transportation of bulk petroleum products serving New York, New England and Quebec, Canada. We currently haul over 105 million gallons of petroleum products annually throughout the Northeast and Canada. Hiring area:

Primary hiring area is New England near terminals located in; Selkirk, NY, Berlin, VT, Westfield, MA, Rochester, NH, Portsmouth, NH, Auburn, ME, Southington, CT. Drivers and our home terminal in Lyndonville, VT. Trucks & trailers will be garaged and serviced at a “Safe Haven” in your geographic area.
    Northern Gas Transport, Inc.
    northerngastransport.com
    [​IMG].[​IMG]

McUzi Thanks this.
  9. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    @Chintatown thank you for that. I'll be reaching out to both in the morning for more details. SC flat out says 7-11 days out unfortunately so they may be dead in the water if I was to go forward.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    I would rather be crazy, than bored or ticked off all the time.

11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I always thought if I lived in the Northeast, I'd drive for Northern Gas Transport.
    I moved to Nevada and doing just fine here......lol
    [​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.