Am I Too Old

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by rjjr1963, Nov 16, 2019.

1. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    It doesen't.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Atlaw4u

Atlaw4u Heavy Load Member

Jun 8, 2018
    Go for it!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. MBAngel

MBAngel Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Tucson, Arizona
    I'm a 56 year old female, having the time of my life driving team with my hubby. Truck is automatic, loads are drop and hook, no touch freight. If you dont mind teaming up for otr, covenant is an awesome company. They do have dedicated runs too, where you can be home for a couple days a week. Go for it!

Adelmo Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    No cutoff; there's drivers out there right now in their 80's and some pushing 90.
    Good genetics for those drivers.

rachi Thanks this.
  6. Traveling

Traveling Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2019
    I meant to say the age doesn't make that much of a difference, being 28 or 58 years of age, newbies are highly unlikely to get hired to drive for reputable companies like FedEx, Walmart, Ashley Furniture, etc.
    Newbies drive for companies with low standards such as SWIFT, companies that put drivers' CDL licenses at risk like K & B Transportation, that use misleading or false information to recruit drivers .

There are companies who invest in their reputation by treating drivers more-less fair and companies who do not invest in their reputation by ripping drivers off, in that context I used the word reputable.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Whyte Trashe, nredfor88 and dwells40 Thank this.
  7. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Even an old man like you can get into trucking, no problem.

lual Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is none.

We have a 90 year old in private piloting with her Cessna on live tv one morning in our State morning news and we had a 80+ year old running a Arkansas semi truck OTR as well.

If they can meet the DOT medical and retain the presence of mind to be a proper driving at any age beyond 80 more power to them.

Considering the people in the local nursing home, not too many humans get to meet DOT or FAA medicals well enough to do that work.

nredfor88 and rachi Thank this.
  9. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Wait till your older, you will see hear and no the answer first hand. Trucking is one of the few places it doesnt matter AS much, but it still matters.

10. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    I saw a craigs list ad the other day that was looking for drivers minimum age 23, max age 65. This is the first time I have ever seen an ad with a max age on it.

11. Whyte Trashe

Whyte Trashe Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2019
    Charlotte, N.C
    Can they even legally post a maximum age? I would think that would qualify as age discrimination.

rachi Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.