Am i wrong here ?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TruckerPete24, Feb 15, 2015.

1. TruckerPete24

TruckerPete24 Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2015
    THE BIG APPLE
    i'm so so sorry to hear that..this is why i stay put whenever weather is involved . i've seen alot of things out there in these short 8 years of driving..It's not worth it .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerPete24

Feb 11, 2015
    THE BIG APPLE
    Thanks alot..no i was on the choice program..was just running the Northeast ..maybe sometimes once in a blue id head down to KY and back up..home terminal is charlotte.

4. TruckerPete24

Feb 11, 2015
    THE BIG APPLE
    Independent contractor ad-visor ..and ICL is Leader.

RetiredUSN and Ducks Thank this.
  5. TruckerPete24

Feb 11, 2015
    THE BIG APPLE
    Yea i see..no there isn't anything else..i mean here and there me and him butted heads but nothing too serious..the only thing that was actually kind of serious it was like a year ago my 05 FL w a mercedez benz engine kept on breaking down on me..you know..one week was the clutch 2 weeks later my radiator then after had differential problems..so he kinda pushed me to get another truck..he's a big reason why i got that cascadia .

6. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    It's not legal for a company to terminate you because you refused to move the truck due to a safety issue.

I had the option to abort before I left, but I chose to make the trip. 1 mile beyond where I got stuck, the snow stopped and I just had rain and wet roads. On the trip north and then east onto the island, traffic was very light for a Monday morning rush (seemed like everyone just stayed home based on the weather forecast), and the salt trucks and plows had the roadways clean. The total planned miles was around 550, so I didn't have much wiggle room on the 11 hours anyway. Being limited to 35mph over 100 miles or so because of running empty on the snow and then spinning out was what put me way behind.

TruckerPete24 Thanks this.
  7. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Yea buddy, I too wouldn't drive 26 miles just to send a message. I am also glad to hear that ALL conversations are recorded, gives credibility to you. many of us, including me, wish you all the very best and wish you get your job back, and that Richard Cranium be suspended for a day or two. Maybe fired would be nice, but, look at it in another way, you're better than him. To you to want him to be fired, you would be lower than him. So do not resort to being low.

Good luck!

8. RetiredUSN

RetiredUSN Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    I had weekend & night time dispatch mess with me on a few loads. I wouldn't answer my cell phone once I realized what was happening. Everything went over the Qualcom. There is no way to hide from a stored digital message.

TruckerPete24 and G.Anthony Thank this.
  9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Sounds like you had a rough week Pete.You did the right thing by not delivering that load.That manager thinks he's the king an you drivers should bow.But I doubt safety will do anything hes probably higher up then they are.You stood your ground,industry needs more drivers like u.

G.Anthony and TruckerPete24 Thank this.
  10. TruckerPete24

Feb 11, 2015
    THE BIG APPLE
    Thank you Patty ..yea can't let this managers with a Bachelors degree and 0 time behind the wheel tell us how or when we run !

pattyj Thanks this.
  11. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Lots of choice guys here........

No comments from them tho .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.