Am i wrong here ?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TruckerPete24, Feb 15, 2015.

1. TruckerPete24

TruckerPete24 Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2015
    THE BIG APPLE
    yea i've done it too ..but nothing too serious ... yea of course i will take a little responsibility ..after all i do drive the truck .:) But yea..I had the loads on me since Fri afternoon to deliver on monday ! but all hell broke loose in the northeast sunday night to monday morning all the way till tuesday ..We had the mayor come out and say there will be a travel ban for everyone except emergency vehicles..Meaning it would actually be illegal to be out there . Can't really do much after that. it is what it is.. Schneider is going to have to reschedule loads..JB werner and everyone else.. It's not just SNI. They gotta deal with it better.. Or he should of dealt with it better.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    Unless I'm understanding wrong, I think your bill biggest mistake was counting on support staff to relay the message properly....and not following up with your 1st shift FM. Support shift for every company sucks donkey balls.

4. Vito

Vito Heavy Load Member

Jun 4, 2012
    North Carolina
    If you couldn't, wouldn't send a written message for whatever reason at the time, as soon as you get into your truck you follow up your phone calls with a written message.

Anyway, you got a raw deal here, and as far as the DOT is concerned, you did everything right. You didn't drive sick, and you didn't drive in unsafe conditions. This was merely a "clerical error" on THEIR part, although you didn't help yourself. Pretty sure the Safety Department will back you up.

TruckerPete24 Thanks this.
  5. C-WALSH

C-WALSH Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Have been an IC with SNI for over 14 years and I will say that covering you back-side in any situation, in any industry, in any business will serve you well. When I pick loads, in my mind, those are my loads and everything revolves around picking up and delivering those loads on time, within the confines of safety, SNI/DOT regulations and my personal abilities, in that order. If SNI doesn't have customer info I need, I go and get it elsewhere and I treat the customer as my customer, not SNI's. I say this just so you know where I am coming from.

That said, if SNI doesn't have an issue with your past service and you don't have a history of no/low communication/OTD that resulted in load failures, there must be a personality conflict going on here or your ICA is not doing their job correctly or both. If you want your lease back, go up the chain until you are satisfied. Two sides to every story and it may just be that you and your ICA don't communicate well when you are communicating. Going in to the OC in person would be the most professional way to deal with this issue, and this would require you to flip the bill for time and fuel but it would display your sincerity and professionalism in correcting any wrong that may have been committed, whether that wrong was by you or the ICA. Short of going to Charlotte, getting on the phone and presenting the facts, as they happened regarding the load, professionally, should get you your lease back if that is your intention.

Good luck...

6. TruckerPete24

Feb 11, 2015
    THE BIG APPLE
    Thanks for the advice ..umm. about wanting my lease back yea of course it's a good deal that SNI has ..But that's not my first priority here..My priority here is making sure that that the ICL knows he's wrong ..(not fully but for the most part)and won't repeat the same thing with another driver . SNI is not the only company out there i can go and get a job somewhere else .

7. x#1

x#1 Road Train Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Cherokee County, Alabama
    [h=2]Am i wrong here ?[/h]
    probably not however a hundred years from now it will not matter. my dad would tell me that whenever i became laden with life and decisions that i had made.

8. RetiredUSN

RetiredUSN Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    You were there when I was pulling for them as a IC. I wonder if we ever crossed paths. I was out of Charlotte.

9. RetiredUSN

RetiredUSN Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    I would try and stay. Yeah.....Schneider has it's regimented way of doing things, but also has a pretty good history with IC's. Some of the better terminals out there also. I loved Charlotte, the fuel pumps were right in may face when I came on the property, and and my driver manager was one set of doors away, and some clean showers through another door. Does the Dallas terminal still do the Steamship Round? .........good meal.

10. TruckerPete24

Feb 11, 2015
    THE BIG APPLE
    Their choice program is very good ..i don't want to say the best because i haven't experienced everything lol..i didn't really run far ..i would just stay around the northeast.. They got really good rates for their loads up here.. I went to Dallas tho in October i think.. @ the time i was thinking of moving there . But changed my mind . Dallas terminal has some good food tho . No Lie.

Matt201712 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.