Amazon Box Trucks in Northeast?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Proxy, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Jbolden205

Jbolden205 Bobtail Member

May 27, 2019
    Yes, 90% of most ftl and ltl companies I had delivering to my Wearhouse’s all of them willing to do business with me, just based on my professional work relationship as far as being there point of contact for my locations. Non which can help with my particular issue at hand. Only Amazon carries that much weight to back what there letter of intent says as far as figures that can become and shown as income.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jbolden205

May 27, 2019
    You can email me direct if have any contact information for me that will help. Would you like my email

4. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    That completely makes sense. Here in Florida those drivers are spreading like cancer, they are terrible. I imagine it's the same way up there where you are. I for ####s and giggles called one of the contractors looking for drivers. I went and met with him, gave him my background and he offered$13/hr with about enough work to keep me busy for 5 hours a day and said it was a ten hour average day. That's the problem right there, you get what you pay for. He also had no on road experience therefore had no safety training and no way to teach drivers to be safe. If I was you I would buy the Smith defensive driving system and study the ever loving #### out of it and beat it into the heads of everyone you hire. What happens to a new business when Mr $13/hr is dragging a 30k trailer down the road and hits someone because he couldn't see them past the pile of burger King wrappers on his dash.....now I'm not saying that would be you but that is the way people seem to be running things that contract to Amazon.

5. Jbolden205

May 27, 2019
    Yeah I hear you, nah I’m out here in California, so it worse then what I’m pretty sure you see daily. Add all that up and then put impatient people on top to f that. Maybe I can chat with your rep

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  6. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I don't have a rep, I work for myself. I do combo repair/hot shotting now.

7. Jbolden205

May 27, 2019
    Ok, do you a contact person for your amazon loads

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  8. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I don't do Amazon, they don't pay enough to cover my truck payment let alone make any money. That's what I was trying to warn you about.

9. Jbolden205

May 27, 2019
    Ohh I’ll be running 5 trucks on the west costs.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  10. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Totally missing what I'm saying but okay. Good luck man, I wish ya the best.

11. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    The only people making money at Amazon are the upper executives and the company as a whole.

That is their business model. Pay dirt wages so they get richer. Think of them as the 1% and all of their worker bees whether it be actual employees or contractors as the 99%. Most large corporations have some level of evilness in how they operate but Amazon takes it to another level.

I won't buy anything from them either. They are trying to control everything and are creating a huge monopoly that is not good for anyone by luring people in with free shipping that really isn't free. You're paying somehow. Once they have sufficiently taken over the shopping industry I'm sure their prices will start going up as they will have put much of their competition out of business.

They have significantly contributed to destroying too many brick and mortar businesses leading to massive job loses at those stores and associated job losses when stores close. No trucks going to them anymore etc...No fake smiles on boxes coming to my front porch. Ok I got way off topic.

Bottom line I would never enter into a contract to pull or deliver freight for Amazon. They expect way too much and pay too little.

Proxy, FlaSwampRat and JonJon78 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.