Amazon fails to plan

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by JimMad, Jun 20, 2021.

1. diesel guy454

diesel guy454 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    No one is forcing you to buy property with all of those. I laugh at every idiot truck driver that thinks the government should solve all their problems. I totally understand why shippers and receivers don't allow any parking. Most drivers are nasty pigs.

bzinger and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I never said they are; I was just making the point that there are at least three different methods by which the government controls usage of private residential land by landowners.

I know right? Especially when you consider that the government created most of the problems we endure in this line of work.

No you don't. Most shippers and receivers don't allow parking because it exposes them to liability, drives up their insurance rates (if their insurance even allows on-site parking), and costs them money to own and maintain the parking area.

slow.rider Thanks this.
  4. diesel guy454

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    I gotta disagree on that. I used to drive for a big food manufacturer. They built a nice big drivers lounge. It was trashed in 2 months by drivers. They closed it and ended them parking on the lot. You came in dropped your trailer and left.

5. bthomann

bthomann Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2020
    Completely agree, diesel guy454! Some of those in this industry treat property like their own personal
    pig sty and don't think about the repercussions it has on the rest of us. Ugh...I think the problem comes
    from both sides: dumb, dirty drivers and big corporations who don't care.

nredfor88 and slow.rider Thank this.
  6. diesel guy454

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    That's why walmart doesn't want trucks parking in their parking lots anymore. And I don't blame them.

bzinger, slow.rider and bthomann Thank this.
  7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Hate to see what those pigs homes look like..can only imagine..

bzinger and slow.rider Thank this.
  8. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    There's twice as many trucks on the road as there were thirty years ago, but half as much truck parking. That's like a 75% reduction in available parking per truck. Government role, to a large extent, is to facilitate business. That's why they make roads and fire departments and courts. So addressing the parking issue is also within their sphere. Should they do it by forcing companies to provide parking? I'd say generally not. But they can offer tax incentives to those who do. They can build more rest areas, expand existing ones, open more scalehouses to truck parking, and reopen closed scalehouses and rest areas to no-facilities truck-only parking, for starters.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  9. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    Easy peasy no Amazon and no Florida.

10. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    HOA’s are not required by any government agencies. The organization does have government rules to abide by. That was enacted to ensure proper accounting was being performed.

In most cases, deed restrictions are placed by a land developer. They could be from the former and historical owners of the land. Sometimes local governments do have restrictions added, these situations are for some very specific reason. For the most part, they tend to stay away from that for legal reasons (they don’t want to be sued)

zoning is actually in your best interest most of the time. The idea is to keep like land use together, protecting land values. They make money (taxes) on keeping the land value high. Think zoning is bad, want a toxic dump next to your house?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  11. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    With the amount of fuel tax I am paying, I expect to see truck parking everywhere and nice roads. Come to think about it free truck washes chrome polishing while we’re at it. It’s a lot of fuel tax, wonder where the money goes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.