Amazon Relay, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by sgtkrav, Apr 11, 2021.

1. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    I tried Amazon 1 #### time never again. What a disorganized cluster #### waiting for the pivot man to show up.

GreenPete359 and prostartom Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. prostartom

prostartom Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2014
    It's crazy, 1 day everything is totally SNAFU'd, the next day everything goes like butter. You just never know what to expect.

I had a run 2 weeks ago where I had to pickup a loaded trailer at a bran new facility in DE. Get checked in waiting for the load to get finished, my departure time passes with no word. Go find the drivers entrance which was not shown on the app, wait there in the driver cage for almost 30 minutes with about 6 other pissed off drivers. Finally get to talk to someone, they ask me what door am I at, I explain to them I am not at a door I am waiting to grab a loaded trailer and am currently sitting in the bobtail lot. "Oh, this area is only for box truck drivers, you are not supposed to be here"
    Ok, where do I go, "I don't know, maybe try the guard shack."

Walk out to the guard shack, explain to them, "Talk to ROC.". Walk back to my truck, get ROC to call, they say the load is 99% done, they want to talk to someone at the gate. Walk back to gate with ROC on the line, they ask the gate person to contact the load supervisor, gate person says we can only message the load supervisor and he hasn't been responding for over an hour. ROC puts me on hold as I walk back to my truck, comes back after a couple of minutes and says load is cancelled, bobtail to your next stop.

Same day pull up to a small facility in VA, walk into the drivers entrance and stand in another cage. Driver is already in their talking to a guy getting checked in. Driver walks out and Amazon guy asks me inbound or outbound? I say outbound just as another driver walks in, Amazon guy says sorry I only do inbound and the outbound guy is on break, should be back in about 20 min. Other driver says "What the...". Amazon guy jokingly says "What, you don't think we should have break's?". I reply "I don't have problems with people taking break's, I just can't believe there is no one here that can cover for them.". Guy shrugs and walks off.

Had a short 4 stop day on Xmas Eve, 1st load was ready to go even though I was almost an hour early, got to the drop off with no issues dropping loaded trailer and grabbing an empty trailer. Was running so far ahead of schedule had time to stop at the Blue Beacon and wait in line 90 min to get my tractor washed before I had to be back at my start point to drop off empty trailer!

Crazy

dchawk81 Thanks this.
  4. dchawk81

dchawk81 Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I don't leave my truck and will request a ROC callback no more than 15 minutes before my actual departure time. I won't wait until I was already supposed to leave with the load.

prostartom Thanks this.
  5. kendrichand

kendrichand Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2019

6. Black74

Black74 Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2023
    This Company is pure Garbage,I’ve been over here for 2 years,first year was cool,but now loads don’t pay enough the Representatives, don’t know what they are doing,and as bad as I hate to say this,but being here I’ve witnessed a lot of racial discrimination once those out of Country people hear your voice,oh yeah communication sucks,emails and when they are wrong,and they are wrong 90% of time,Amazon never takes responsibility of their mistakes,they will act as it never happens.. Never talk to people in this country,representatives are in another Country telling you a driver here in the United States that roads are drivable and roads be closed shut down,basically they have no knowledge of what’s going on over .. Sad to say this will be my last month with Amazon..This will not be a wise decision to make..But to each is on,you may enjoy,but I doubt it seriously

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.