AmaZon

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Papa0, May 14, 2019.

1. mlkelley68

mlkelley68 Bobtail Member

May 14, 2019
    Gainesville, Ga
    When I took my CDL test yesterday the examiner told me that Amazon bought the local Daly's a new automatic truck to train Amazon't potential drivers in. This is in North Georgia BTW.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 4mer trucker

4mer trucker Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Saw a newish white Day Cab Volvo with Amazon Logistics on the door yesterday, it was close to their Robbinsville, NJ DC

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  4. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    That offer is for people who already work in their warehouse.

I pulled Amazon freight for USA Truck.

5. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    I’ve seen a couple of those bobtailing around Phoenix today.

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  6. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Amazon is definitely starting their own private fleets. I got a co-worker who worked for a yard jockey service company that Amazon used, before they got rid of them and started hiring their own inhouse yard jockeys. He mentioned he got a buddy who works for Amazon now as a fleet driver and they're slowly experimenting and expanding their private fleets throughout the nation.

Pay doesn't sound all that great...which doesn't surprise me for Amazon. It's around $21-22 an hour. You have to attend and pass an Amazon class training course and learn how to do things the Amazon way. The tractors are white daycab Volvo's and all you do is shuttle trailers from hub to hub. Blue sleeper trucks from what I heard are the automated driverless trucks that their experimenting with.

7. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
  8. The Gels

The Gels Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2019
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    FedEx and Amazon no longer have a contract. Supposedly only accounted for about 1% of FedExs shipping though.

9. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    It was only the Air Cargo contract that was not renewed. Fed Ex will continue to haul ground and last mile delivery freight for Amazon.

10. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    USPS has also lost the Amazon contract as well (or should I say it hasn't been renewed). Amazon is delivering more and more of their own products contracting courier's. Postal Letter Carriers are delivering less and less on Sundays now, which is nothing but all day Amazon deliveries for them. But the PO is still the largest delivery service for Amazon, as about half their deliveries are still delivered by USPS. Even though shipping rates have gone up slightly, from what I heard, they're still giving Amazon a deep discount.

Bfr38 Thanks this.
  11. GlobalFM001

GlobalFM001 Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2019
    Did you hear that from the US Marshall’s?

Because that’s total cow poop

Bfr38 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.