AmaZon

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Papa0, May 14, 2019.

1. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Nah...I work at USPS and Amazon is our most important customer. We all pickup loads from Amazon, so we get to talk to Amazon employee's. We also have former Amazon employee's working for us too. And since Amazon is our most important customer, we get updates about their operations and how their business is gonna affect us. Union meetings also give us updates as well. Not to mention, they posted videos of Amazon testing these driverless vehicles already.....

US Marshalls have no authority over the Postal Service. US Marshall are the Law Enforcement for the executive branch of the government. The PO is not part of any executive branch. They are an INDEPENDENT AGENCY. Completely self sustained with no congressional funding or a dime of tax payers money involved. We have our own law enforcement through the PO's own OIG. Postal Inspectors are federal agents and the Postal Police is the law enforcement. Megan Brennan is the Postmaster General and she is in charge of the PO.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GlobalFM001

GlobalFM001 Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2019
    A YouTube video showing photos taken from hundreds of yards away. I believe!

My statement stands.

4. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    OK...you win. Not gonna waste my time or turn this thread into a pissing match.

A simple google search would show that Amazon is testing driverless vehicles already......

amazon driverless trucks - Google Search.

.....or that the tractor that's used in the pic is the same vehicle in this video.....

5. GlobalFM001

GlobalFM001 Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2019
    This is a quote from the first article of that search

“An Amazon spokesperson said, "We are always innovating and working with innovative companies to improve the customer experience and safety of our team. We think successful over-the-road autonomy will create safer roadways and a better work environment for drivers on long-haul runs. "

The truck is not “driverless” there’s still a driver there. The system is merely a driver assist feature that’ll hold your steering wheel on a well marked stretch of roadway.
    If they were driverless trucks they would not have a driver in them, that’s why those photos were taken from so far away. Kinda hard to call it a driverless truck and post photos of a truck with a driver in it

There are no regulations in place for a driverless trucks to be going down a public road. If they crash who’s at fault? The company that makes the system or amazon?

6. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Ya young people are going to be able to drive trucks for the city halls.

That’s the statement of the year.

These idiots can’t wipe their own arse let alone be able to drive a rig, he’ll they can’t even raise their heads from their iPhones long enough to look at the road. Amazons loads are 100% drop and hook, I really don’t see this generation strong enough to pull the 5th wheel handle to release the trailer.

I’m confident enough to know even with automated driverless trucks, the industry is still doomed.

Bfr38 Thanks this.
  7. Proxy

Proxy Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2018
    As far as Amazon is concerned, We have hauled for them quite for a while. As long as you use there App and are on time you will get loads. If you reject loads or don't use the app you will go lower on the totem pole losing priority on freight or may risk losing your capacity all together. As far as them starting there own Fleets? I haven't heard anything about it, I have been to several quarterly meetings and no mention of it. Amazon from what I understand prefers to be a zero risk company, adding an internal fleet would go against that philosophy and would be a major target for sue happy people. Then again its all a write off for Bezos anyways so who knows.....For what its worth they did reduce their base rate by $35 per tour in CT, I'm assuming low freight this year had something to do with it.

8. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    From the numbers I've seen posted on here of what they pay any reduction would be the final nail in the coffin for those pulling for them.

9. Bfr38

Bfr38 Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Ohio
    Oh man. That’s terrible :( Look at a mail contractor job, or something. I know you’re trying to get experience, but 14 dollars a hour is rediculous!!!

10. Bfr38

Bfr38 Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Ohio
    Lol, so true! America has gone to hell in a hand basket! Everything offends everyone and they don’t even know what restroom to use!!!

LoneRanger Thanks this.
  11. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Seen 2 sets of new white volvos piggyback go through here last week with Amazon stickers .

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.