ambient temp sensor

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by angelor, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Twonads

Twonads Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2017
    On my 2011 coronado the sensor on the driver side behind the bumper reads the outside air temperature the ambient air temperature sensor is on the frame just in front of the tail lights zip tide to the wiring.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Move it, I had to on my ProStar. My AC would not work until I did. It was buried up under the radiator in a wiring harness. Temps were all over the map and no AC. I had to gently cut it out from under a yard of tape. I pulled the sensor out, along with the wiring and mounted the sensor up at the windshield wiper cowl on the driver side of the tractor. I did have to cut the wire to do this at the radiator, and splice in more. There was no way I was going to dig it out of ten feet of harness, I would still be under the truck.

4. Twonads

Twonads Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Thanks for the reply. But I was just pointing out where to find the ambient air temperature sensor. Most freightliner have them mounted in the mirror.

5. Twonads

Twonads Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2017
    After a 3 axel alignment ( had it done twice in two different shops ) and brand new steers on my 11' freightliner my truck still pulls to the right. I've had it only 2 months and it's done this from day one. I read somewhere that my steering box can be adjusted would this fix my problem or just cause new ones

6. bossboy2

bossboy2 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Did the issue of the temperature increase ever got solved? Faulty air sensor? Wiring?

7. Mr. Cucuy

Mr. Cucuy Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Unfortunately no. I have called dealer for solution and nothing. I guess the only thing is follow the wires and see where they go. I've looked at wiring diagrams and don't see it on any ecm pins. It's driving me crazy.

8. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    2012 Mercedes I thought they quit selling those. In place of the DD engine?

9. GoFish

GoFish Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Would the temperature sensor in the drivers side mirror being bad, cause the truck to gradually lose power?

Matt1924 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.