America's Service Line - Private fleet for American Foods Group - Green Bay, WI

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by volvo244t, Aug 12, 2016.

1. ladywrongway03

ladywrongway03 Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2008
    trotwood oh
    I got fired from there.the safety dept and I had issues

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Since a pm didn't work for the OP, I'll open it up to everyone.

Are all-nighters a must with ASL?

4. kredd34

kredd34 Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Can anyone elaborate on this company on orientation and requirements.

5. Otecron

Otecron Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2019
    We primarily run reefer loads, so I end up driving at night to make appointments every now and then. They have never pushed me to do anything that I didn’t want to do though, and I generally have time enough on breaks to get the rest I want.

I believe right now that they want 1 year verifiable experience, no moving violations in last three years. Orientation is two and half days, paid with meals, transportation, and lodging - it is done pretty much 1 on 1 or in a small group with a safety manager. We don’t do large hiring groups. Hiring process is also pretty standard, we use the Smith System, they will have you do the required skills/road test in the truck you will be assigned. If you really want the best answers for this, PM me and I’ll send our recruiter’s contact info.

This really is a good company.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  6. Otecron

Otecron Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2019
    I know this is an older comment, but here is some updated info for anyone interested:

All of the trucks now have refrigerators and APUs with a 4000w inverter as standard.

We do L/P and have a good number of L/P and Independent Contractors driving here. A few are fleet owners. I know they were averaging about $2.09/mile for all miles last quarter.

The current 401k is a 4% 1/1 company match. It’s a good deal. Eligible to participate after your first six months employed.

I’m pretty sure we hire throughout Michigan - plenty of freight there - both UP & LP.

7. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    I left during 1st day of orientation with notice , not my cup of tea and , drove to Green Bay on my own dime for orientation no expenses for ASL.and they banged my DAC. report , quit without notice.
    Some douche bag in Recruiting the young punk.
    I called ASL to take it off my report and they never did , so good company I wasn't impressed.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Reason for edit: Add to post
  8. Last Time Around

Last Time Around Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2018
    How does the $1300 weekly guarantee work?

9. Otecron

Otecron Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2019
    If you are available for a load from Sunday through the end of the pay period Saturday, if you earned less than $1300, they will make up the difference. If you took hometime during the week, the guarantee doesn’t apply. It’s pretty rare that I earn less than $1300 in a full week - I think I’ve used this twice in the last six months.

Last Time Around Thanks this.
  10. Otecron

Otecron Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2019
    Hope you found something more your style, Capacity.

11. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    I did , thanks , cant live out of a truck anymore cant believe the shenanigans you all put up with out there , il stay in the yard until Social Security kicks in , wont be long.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.