Amish buggy struck by semi

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Tazz, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    Nobody has posted or implied that the Amish are saints purely for their beliefs.

What has been posted is in response to more than a few posters stating it was their faukt(the Amish) for daring to be on the road. And further that since they choose to live a simpler slower lifestyle, they should just stay out of everyones way.

The response is quite simple although many wish to either place them on a cross or under it. They have every #### right to be on the road you or I do. And that being a proffesional driver we should be able to move around them without hitting them with the front bumper of a ###### truck because the drivers friggin drug habit caused him to lose focus and run a properly lighted and marked slower vehicle the #### over!

My humble suggestion to people that can not control their vehicle enough to not run over anything moving slower than your truck is to stop driving now before the rest of society gets to put you on the needle list. Regardless of which drug he was jonesing for it caused the death of an innocent.

ironpony Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    kicked back in my lazyboy...
    Actually alot of you were trying to make them look like they are Saints cause of their beliefs or way of living. Reality is, they are just like us.

I agree with you on being able to drive around them. Its just like driving thru a town full of kids, you take it easy and use caution.

Now I'm not in the investigation loop like you and a few others on this forum so I don't know all the specifics of the incident. So unlike you and a few others here I'm not gonna throw this driver under the bus until I know he was at fault, then by all means I'll chip in for fuel.

BTW when can we see the report of his DUI or Drug test...

What drug was he on?

outerspacehillbilly and quickway Thank this.
  4. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    :biggrin_25523::biggrin_25523:

5. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    Well the news reports say he was on nicotine (the primary drug that caused the accident. See he just had to have his fix above doing his job) and the reports state he was on a prescription medication. While I nor anyone else knows what that particular medication was he is charged with DUI so logic would assume it was probably not approved to operate heavy equipment on. People take these phony pills to" deal" but neglect to notice that you are in violation of the controlled substances regulations while taking for example Zoloft could be a violation.

I know all the mush for brains need their meds because life is just to hard, but you got no business driving if you need crap to keep from eating a bullet.

The facts that are not in dispute.

The buggy was on the right shoulder.
    They had the privilege to utilize it.
    The driver ran them the hell over.
    The police have stated that all required signage for a buggy was found in the wreckage.
    The driver of the commercial vehicle directly killed people do to one drug habit or another.Possibly both.

So to my thinking the rest is just a question of do we introduce him to Old Sparky or Big Bubba?

6. quickway

quickway Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2011
    louisville ky
    Les.....you are wasting your time. Go and read a few of this guys post and you will fully understand what I mean.

Les2 and outerspacehillbilly Thank this.
  7. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Yeah I know but its funny watching a few really try to stretch some of this. Nicotine is a drug, but only a simple minded person would try to use that as "the guy was on drugs" and make it sound as though the guy was on illegal drugs...:yes2557:. Now if he was on illegal drugs then thats another story.

Whats even funnier is some of the members on this forum once thru a driver under the bus that was involved in an accident. After they all bashed this guy to no end, the report came out that he was not in the wrong and was a victim.... Some people never learn....:biggrin_2552:

8. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...

All the same, the driver appears to have been distracted appearantly causing a tragic accident involving the death of a child. Actually... its more fuel for that anal retentive (you know what I'm getting at with that... oh - not YOU mods!) Secretary of Transportation to mandate that you super glue your hands to the wheel at the beginning of every driving shift.

9. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Edit that post before they get the idea and run with it!:biggrin_25526:

10. quickway

Feb 1, 2011
    louisville ky
    I actually laughed out loud at that one ironpony.

11. quickway

Feb 1, 2011
    louisville ky
    The one that thinks he is the be all end all of trucking lost ALL cred when he fixed his mouth to say there is no god the other day. That in itself let me know he is GONE.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.