Amp install ????

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by logans, Nov 8, 2017.

1. logans

logans Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Cookeville tn
    How to install an audio amplifier in a cascadia without company seeing it and the wirring? Worried more about the power hookup to the battery.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    You don't own the truck. Don't modify it. This is a bad idea.

tscottme and Roberts450 Thank this.
  4. tnpete

tnpete Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Tn
    Sounds like a perfect way to be looking for a new job. Does the company have an agreement with you? That keeps you from adding this item or items?
    I know if it were my truck. And a driver wired up stuff without approval. That driver would be fired. These newer trucks, lots can be screwed up. Just wiring up something. And today's stereo's do a great job. If it does not have enough power. You may need new hearing aids.

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  5. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    These new trucks send multiple info for the computers to run the truck on the same wire. It's call Multiplex wiring and it takes 5 or 6 computers to run the truck down the road. I wouldn't cut into the wires unless the company ok with it.

6. BlackThought

BlackThought Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Memphis,TN
    Get a power drive 300 w invter and use your 12v outlet that has the best fuse and make due with home speakers.

Had enough bass to turn heads at stores.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.