An observation

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Mototom, Jul 6, 2019.

1. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    That is what I really enjoy doing.
    The worse the road, the bigger load, the more challenging, the better. I get bored just cruising the highway. Or a good snowstorm, chains on every tire, 30 inches of snow, and its still coming down hard, I love it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    So I actually got to take a ride in a Volvo. My buddy is an owner op and has a 2010volvo and I was impressed. The I shift is much much better then this autoshift crap.
    If I can I believe that’s the truck I’ll be going for, unless I find something I can pay cash for.

MartinFromBC and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    No offense, but what's wrong with you? I'd be packed and headed for Arizona if we had 30 inches of snow and getting more.

Bean Jr. and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  5. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    No amount of snow would get me headed to Az. lol that place be too hot in the dead of winter. lol

MartinFromBC Thanks this.
  6. MartinFromBC

Oct 19, 2018
    Doesn't bother me at all.
    Throw some more tire chains on if I have to go drive in it...if home I just sit by the wood stove, or in the hot tub out on the deck.
    Snow falling on your head while hot tubbing, is a true joy. I had almost entirely stopped skiing as well, but since I recently got married, and she is into skiing, I have been back at it a lot myself. We got married at a ski resort actually, and did our honeymoon there to. If you are bored sometime, google Revelstoke BC snow falls. There have been winters when this area got 40 feet of snow in one winter.

stwik Thanks this.
  7. MartinFromBC

Oct 19, 2018
  8. RollinThunderVet

RollinThunderVet Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2014
    See this is that BS.... I bought my w900l for this reason, and the 9 extra inches in the sleeper.
    Well jokes on me. The interior layout is old and more cramped than my 2009 780 was. That 1.2million mile truck AVERAGED 7.1mpg.
    So after 5 years of ownership I spend 40k kore dollars on fuel with this w9 that averages less about 6mpg. So effectively I'm paying an extra 10k more just to have a long nose truck and be "cool".
    Resale value doesnt mean a dang thing if you spend more in fuel. Not too mention the w9 is about 4k pounds heavier.
    I will never buy a new w9 again. As the build quality is atrocious.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.