An old man's career goes flat, Snackbar moves to open deck

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jul 27, 2022.

1. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Could be worse you could be where i am at in houston waiting on a load

Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Deadwood

Deadwood Heavy Load Member

Dec 24, 2016
    I’ve always thought, on average, unions argue on behalf of the 10% of their work force that is the dumbest, laziest, and most corrupt. That being said, if management has nothing but contempt for workers then unions will naturally spring up as a result.

4. Old_n_gray

Old_n_gray Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    You should see some of the clowns we have here at ABF. They wouldn't have a job if it wasn't for the union. We also had some idiots working at New Century Transportation. Worked there almost 9 years. The stuff I saw was unbelievable. Every company that I have worked for had their fair share of dead weight.

5. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Those elevators are so much fun to haul, said no one ever.

thank you for actually taking the time to pad your load. Seems like most guys just throw the tarps on there and destroy them. They don’t care the just drop them at the yard and get a new set.

A tip for any crates load. I take a hammer and knock all the sharp points off every crate that might touch the tarp. Then I pad the front and back of the load. This works pretty well. Ran about 1200 miles with this load with zero holes on a lightweight tarp. Only used two pieces of felt and knocked all the corners. 6DEE277C-7CF6-48D5-9915-0D7BF91DD339.jpeg 1700B945-48B3-4FBB-AFAF-EFA983BFB78A.jpeg A261EBC9-2FE6-4AD7-9E37-E6CBD287F4B5.jpeg

6. Old_n_gray

Old_n_gray Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    Looks good, totally professional compared to the garbage I see going down the road.

Itsbrokeagain, Dennixx and Lonesome Thank this.
  7. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    We can always tell a rookie by the strap/chain and tarp job.

8. kylefitzy

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Thank you. That’s one of my best tarp Jobs in a while on a legal load.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  9. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    Venezia requires a vax on some lanes...

10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The SPD driver who picked up ahead of me and ended up showing up after me (had an earlier appointment, but showed up late on a pin point delivery)...his tarps looked like swiss cheese, and I guess he didn't have many good bungies because about half of his were missing. Didn't matter that he was late because the crew unloading was new, and were still in orientation, so we both had to wait until they were done.

The unload took forever because where they had to unload, they had to take the freight all the way into the back of the new building that is under construction with one of those mega off road construction lifts. I am by no means remotely quick at un-tarping and unsecuring, but I pulled 1 tarp, then unsecured that part of the trailer, so that way they had something to work on while I was doing the rest....and it still took 4.5 hours. And this was after they took the other driver and I around the building in one of their side by side vehicles trying to figure out where to store our delivery until it was ready to install.

11. kylefitzy

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    I love it at spd. That being said we have some real losers/ people that have zero pride in their job.

All one has to do to stand is not #### up equpment, be mostly on time, and keep the load on your trailer. That makes ya a super star compared to some.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.