An Update, 6 months In

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by NewBeginnings87, Sep 14, 2020.

1. NewBeginnings87

NewBeginnings87 Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2019
    He takes lots of stuff like that. I guess I'm not entirely sure what the issue is. I think maybe he gets busy and doesn't take the time? I'm grateful for any tips though in case we hit on something we haven't thought of. I'm more worried about than he is.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NewBeginnings87

Nov 14, 2019
    We do shop ahead but he's been hesitant to take pre prepared food because he doesn't think it will fit in his tiny fridge. He takes yogurt, lunch meat and cheese, stuff like that, for the fridge. He has a lunch box cooker to heat up certain things and recently put a microwave in. He was hesitant to give up space for that. I really appreciate your tips!

tarmadilo Thanks this.
  4. NewBeginnings87

Nov 14, 2019
    For sure!

5. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    So when are you gonna pack your stuff and go join him on some adventure?

6. NewBeginnings87

Nov 14, 2019
    Luckily he's the type of person who is most comfortable with his own company and I'm mostly okay on my own too. We miss each other but feel blessed to have the technology to stay in touch so easily. At least we don't have children still at home. That never would have worked for me. The hard part about going with him is we do have pets. I haven't figured out a plan for that but I'm sure I can come up with something. I envision myself going out with him about once or twice per quarter.

7. NewBeginnings87

Nov 14, 2019
    Well, if I quit my job around my birthday, which is in late November, it might wind up being after the new year, what with the holidays and all they entail. I'll probably have my married son and daughter in law here for two weeks around Christmas.

8. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Sounds like a plan, stick to it, you won't have any regrets.

NewBeginnings87 Thanks this.
  9. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Not to rain on anyone's parade here, but if he's experiencing rapid weight loss for no reason, it's time to see a doctor.

It's great to hear things are going well in the financial department. You should look forward to spending some time on the road.

NewBeginnings87 and rachi Thank this.
  10. NewBeginnings87

Nov 14, 2019
    Oh, I don't think he's lost any significant amount. Truthfully, I don't know if he's lost any. His face is looking thinner to me but maybe it was gauntish before and I just didn't notice. I'm certain he's quite alright, nothing too serious. He really is just the kind of person who can forget to eat. He probably doesn't have as much appetite, although he didn't have a huge one before, except for when it comes to ice cream, now that his work isn't very physical. I certainly didn't mean to set off any alarm bells!

tarmadilo and spindrift Thank this.
  11. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    And I certainly didn't want to sound like an alarmist, but you never know, these changes in physical attributes can sometimes be the first warning sign.

Again, best of luck to you guys and I hope you get to go for a ride very shortly.

NewBeginnings87 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.