AN Webber inc.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by bvermillion, Aug 20, 2013.

1. newbtrucker

newbtrucker Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Wow thanks a ton bvermillion you have helped my decision a whole lot. Think I will fill this application oout and send it and go from there. Who knows maybe ill see you out there one day ;)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bvermillion

bvermillion Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    If you come to webber I'd guarantee that a lot of drop and hooks happen right here you could bring a load here that's going to texas and drop it and then a otr driver will take it the rest of the way or u drop local delivers here and local drivers deliver its how they keep everyone moving we help eachother its pretty cool

4. newbtrucker

Oct 25, 2013
    Thought I'd give an update. I go to orientation monday am so nervous and excited all at the same time. Thanks a lot for all the advice vermillion totallu helped me in this whole process :)

bvermillion Thanks this.
  5. Wingnut1

Wingnut1 Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2012
    The Mitten
    Their trucks have APU's? If not, what is the idle policy?

6. bvermillion

bvermillion Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    No apu in the winter below 28% in the summer can't remember. All I no is if you go to work there you better stay longer than 6 months or the charge you 200 $$$ for the drug test and make believe orientation! !

7. hawk211

hawk211 Bobtail Member

May 3, 2013
    San Antonio, Texas
    I have heard so much greatness from them that all I can say is if you are military there is a plus and it will benefit you in the long run. They are not a starter company being they have been around since 1947. The trucks are very patriotic, red white and blue. I love it cz military oriented. The pay package is top notch and they are well above all big companies that is why you don't see them advertising for drivers. Largely due to drivers do not leave.
    have a great day and see you all on the road.

anm2ant Thanks this.
  8. Sojourn14

Sojourn14 Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Illinois
    Newbtrucker, how is it going for you? Are you still at Webber?

I will finish CDL school soon. Spoke to Mark today in Kankakee. Webber sounds so much better than other trucking companies.
    Bvermillion, thanks for your posts. I have not been posting a lot lately, but I have been lurking! :biggrin_255:

9. newbtrucker

Oct 25, 2013
  10. newbtrucker

Oct 25, 2013
    I am not with them anymore. My trainee situation was not the best. My firsty trainer (ricky) was a great guy to drive with but was also in such a hurry. 4 weeks of training with him I was allowed to back up 3 Whole times. And he let me drive After back each night but only after driving out to a truck stop and switching seats then. So in 4 weeks I got 4 hours a night highway driving (which is easy) during times when traffic was the weakest. No city drivng. After the fourth week they sent me out with another trainor for a second opinion (which is standard with the company) only to be told by that trainer I was not ready cause my backing was not up to par. Seemed with him my backing just wasn't "pretty" enough for him. It would take a couple pullups and a couple times of getting out and looking but I'd always get it in. For this trainer it wasn't good enough. He was very high strung. Very demeaning to the point of yelling in my ear what a ##### I was while backing. After a week with him I asked for a new trainer. They put me out with another local guy but he warned me at the start that he was not a trainer and wasn't really interested with having me with him as it would only slow him down. I talked with mark and he set up for me to go with yet another trainer the following Monday. At that stage I had made up my mind that webber was not the right place for me. The company seems Nice but if your fresh out of cdl school I don't recommend it as the training is very poor. And trust me when I say what you learn at CDL school is no where enough to what you need to learn out there. 90% of what you learn in school you Will throw right out the window on day one. I'm now up in the oil fields of north dakota with a company who was very Good in training and I learned more in 1 week with this company then I did in 5 weeks with webber. Again don't get me wrong the company is ok just the trainers are not much of trainers and from what I saw only doing it for the 25 extra a day. Oh and last thing. Training pay with webber is very very low. 240 each week after taxes. Was quite hard to get by on..

Sojourn14 Thanks this.
  11. Pasquale

Pasquale Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Hang it up and get a job at walmart possibly.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.