Anheuser-Busch Nightmare

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by CondoCruiser, Jul 21, 2010.

1. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I picked up at Anheuser-Busch in St. Louis. I was suppose to load at 10pm last night. Monitor channel 5 and we'll call you when we are ready for you. I was finally called to a door at 0700 this morning. Then they want you to stand at the door the whole time so you can put the load locks in when they are done.
    I stood there 45 minutes before they even started and I finally got loaded at 10 am. I had a 2 pm delivery appt 300 miles away. I had to reschedule for in the morning.

They won't correct your load either. I left with 34800 on the drives and a half tank, axles forward. I put some on the steers. I knew I didn't have any scales so I left.

I'll get good detention. I just hate when you ask questions and nobody knows anything. You can't get any sleep for all the talk on the CB and then you have to drive. Our other driver was there 16 hours. I saw other trucks in and out quickly, but we were CHR broker loads that got the back burner treatment.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Typical day at ANY beer distribution center!!! The only people lazier than beer distribution employees are UAW auto workers!

roaddawg92, o.m.d., BNR32 and 2 others Thank this.
  4. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

sorry hit the button twice........my bad

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  5. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

OH i dont know about that................
    Try picking up an Intermodal load at a west coast dock.....

6. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    good point!

The stevedores in Camden NJ are pretty #### lazy too! I forgot all about those guys. Anyone else ever picked up at Delmonte in Camden? Those union guys are so lazy they wouldn't pi55 on their feet if their boots caught fire!

7. thelastamericanhippy

thelastamericanhippy Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    jacksonville, fl
    Do they not have a phone number to call, that tells you when the load is ready?

Cartersville Georgia does, makes it nice, less time wasted !!

8. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    They had a phone number that you enter the load number in. All it kept saying was I was schedule to load 7/19/10 at 10 pm, make sure you have an empty trailer. Alot of help it was.

Other than the poor loading procedures, I was impressed with how clean the place was and the package automation.
    Alot of overkill too. Safety makes everyone slide your axles even though there is a DokLok, double chock your wheels and the dropped trailers use not one, but two trailer jack stands.

9. thelastamericanhippy

thelastamericanhippy Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    jacksonville, fl
    Oh, live load. sorry.

Preloaded is different set up.

At least you're paid for your time !!!!

10. sazook

sazook Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    The number for the automated load system works for any A-B plant.

As for not correcting axle problems, there is a chart inside the guard shack at one of the plants that says how they will load the trailers, and what they will do to correct any problems with weights. Also, their printers won't print the bills if the gross is over 80,000.

fr8te_sh8ker Thanks this.
  11. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    AB is one of my own "no-go's". I spent many a night at the facility in Williamsburg, VA waiting for the lazy-tails tell me "my union says I have to take a break" when they had but one or two pallets left to load.

Turds.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.