Anheuser-Busch Nightmare

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by CondoCruiser, Jul 21, 2010.

1. djtrype

djtrype Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    I haven't drank an AB product in 3 years. I only wish that Yuengling was sold in Louisiana.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ladywrongway03

ladywrongway03 Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2008
    trotwood oh
    I always say my cb is broke so I dont have to hear the 20 trucks ahead of me being called

4. DealBreaker

DealBreaker Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Certainly sleep better that way :biggrin_25525:.

5. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Amen. They can call my cell phone when they want me.

6. Jabber1990

Jabber1990 Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Jackson, MO
    I don't have one

7. Jabber1990

Jabber1990 Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Jackson, MO
    I HATE that company,

I went to St. Louis once and I showed up about 10 minutes early, they gave me a time to pick it up and I belive it was 2330 on Friday

the load wasn't ready until almost 1700 on Saturday

then of course I had to spend an hour adjusting the tandems

the one in Colubus, OH was also bad, they didn't load the trailer right so it was heavy. after spending 2 hours with sliding the tandems and my 5th wheel they let me go back to the dock so they could fix it. I showed up and this big black guy was at the desk and was just chewing me out and talking down to me because the trailer was loaded wrong. he told me that I didn't know how to do my job therefore there was too much weight on the tandems

8. Searcher1

Searcher1 Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Bedford, IN
    FWIW, IME every shipper says that when a load won't balance out. Probably equal parts of them not wanting to rework a load and having been burned by incompetent drivers that don't know how to balance out.

9. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    If it's not in the scope of the sliding axle then there is nothing one can do but fix the nose heavy load that's not stretched out properly. All heavy pallets have to start out with a single if not single, double, single and stretched in pattern to the 44'-48' mark in the trailer. It's not rocket science. Most cases they start out with a double and screwed up by the third pallet. Basically the last pallet(s) has to end on top of the center of the back axle and compensate for the nose/fifth wheel/drives weighing more.

10. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    I've hauled a few permit loads into their facilities ..... You should see the look on the guards faces when they see the weight is over.

And they can't give me a hard time about it.

11. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Part of the problem with any beverage shipper is they often assume you are running split axles and load accordingly. Then they are surprised the load doesn't scale legally. If I'm getting a live load I make sure they understand I don't have split axles.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.