Annual incomes

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by strongworx, Jan 7, 2007.

1. well i went through swift ugh to get my cdl and i went through a 3 week cdl mill school that could careless if you knew what you where doing or not after that i went home for 1 week so i could fulfill tn;s law abotu being a 1 month resident before having a cdl after this i went out with a trainer for 6 weeks at a very crappy pay level and after all this crap i went out on my own to hit cars and kill people like every other swift driver lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pro1driver

pro1driver Heavy Load Member

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    what do you mean..on his own..........??

as an owner-operator....??

or as a company driver.....???

======================

as an owner-operator, that time frame is up to the individual as to when to buy his/her own truck and "on his own"

as a company driver, as soon as you kick out the trainer, you are "on your own"...........

4. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

Are you referring to how long until a driver is solo after training? Or how long until a driver can buy his own truck and trailer? They are two different questions. In general, after initial training, most training companies send you out with another driver for a finishing period on the road, usually 4-6 weeks depending on the company and how well you adapt. At that point you are handed the keys to your own truck and you are a solo driver.

If you are talking about owning your own truck, then the absolute bare minimum time is 2 years of experience, and for most people they should have more than that.

feldsforever Thanks this.
  5. strongworx

strongworx Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2007
    florida
    yes,I did mean how long after training till your handed the keys.I think Ill do fine and be alone pretty quick.As far as O/O,well I understand its smart to get to know the business first and its a big step,lots of paperwork and probably not something for me.I am 43,and want to accumulate retirement money really.I dont need to invest in a truck to make just a few more bucks with all the hassle it sounds like comes with it.At this point,I just want to learn as much as I can as a beginner,I know what to expect and what to look out for.Thanks again.Nothing better than hearing from experience.

6. pro1driver

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    yeah, us "old timers" think about retirement/benefits...........

let the "young bucks" think about the money, they'll learn "soon enough".....:laughing7:

7. strongworx

Jan 5, 2007
    florida
    Feeling it.yrs of home improvements,tile,kitchens and baths,roofing and decks not to mention concrete.I just want to do my time,save money so when things get really bad I can give it all to physicians.Ha!

8. pro1driver

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    or that sexy nurse that'll come to your house................:toothy10:

9. strongworx

Jan 5, 2007
    florida
    And show her where the horse bit me!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.