Another Darn Canadian

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Pamela1990, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Pamela1990

Pamela1990 Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2021
    B.C. Canada
    In 2016 with mom gone, the 4 of us sat down for a family meeting. My older sister wants to live in town, hates trucks, and wants nothing to do with it. My little sister and I want Dad's home, shop, property, the junk strewn all over.
    So dad redid his will leaving me half the house and land, my little sister the other half. As the land and home are worth approximately 3 million, the oldest would get 1.5 million dollars from the estate first, then the remaining money is to be split equally between us 3.
    Just sort of tossing out the idea to papa about buying him out, he seemed receptive to the idea. Told us if we choose to, he would make us a good deal, but we have to take all or nothing if my little sister and i choose to buy him out. We can't pick and choose pieces.
    He is keeping his own personal tool boxes and tools, but all the 'shop tools' go. Things like the 3/4" & 1" drive stuff, air compressor, welders, loader, lifts, and more. He only wants to keep the tools used to work on his ATV, pickup, motorhome, and boat. He is keeping 1/4 of the shop to use, and store stuff in, but we can rent the other 3/4 of it, in the rent will be heat, taxes, repairs due to normal wear and tear, but not damage caused by us, like say plowing snow and hitting the shop with the loader. Last time that happened he did pay for it, but my little sister was only 13 when she hit the shop. My dads will states clearly that he isn't to be resuscitated, or if sick allowed to die in the hospital, but die at home. Cremation, and his ashes spread in the backyard by mom's ashes.

We are one of those odd families who actually talk about everything. Calmly, rationally, and no topic is off limits. I know that I would be fine to run a business with my little sister, or hire her to work for me. We don't fight, we last had a spat when i was maybe 10, and I can't even remember what about.

dwells40, Val_Caldera and Oxbow Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pamela1990

Pamela1990 Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2021
    B.C. Canada

Thank you!
    What a kind post!

Oxbow Thanks this.
  4. BennysPennys

BennysPennys Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2021
    Like the fact the you and your mom worked the books starting at a young age. You learned early it is not easy making and keeping money moving in the right direction. You have a good head on your shoulders and sure she was proud of you.

Pamela1990 and Oxbow Thank this.
  5. MOBee

MOBee Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Give RTR Transport out of Nashville a look. Good company, nice trucks, great dispatch.

Rocks and dwells40 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.