Another day, another Prostar with problems.

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by HillbillyDeluxeTruck, Jul 9, 2018.

1. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Ive tried to avoid having to post, but Im done guessing and googling. I've already talked in PM's with heavyd about some other issues. Figured Id quit bothering him and ask on here.

'13 Prostar with a Junkforce. But not having engine problems at this moment (knock on wood). But the ac compressor stopped engaging. I tried the fuses in the dash trick, no go. I grabbed a can of r134a with the crappy gauge and it has freon and I even got it to short cycle for a few min now it won't engage at all. Tried smacking the clutch and nothing as well.

Im so over this truck and the other 2 my boss owns. This is currently the only 1 of 3 that are running and working and Im about ready to drop it back off to them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    I completely forgot that my epu thing doesn't work correctly either. It will kick on, start to get cold after a few min and then the whole system shuts off. I have to cycle the key to get anything in the rear panel to work again.

4. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    I am sure that HeavyD told you that without plugging in DLB to aid in diagnosis it would be like throwing darts at finding the issue. You would also need a set of gauges to read high/low pressure.

Heavyd Thanks this.
  5. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    I figured Im screwed. So I'll sit here and be sweaty and pissed all night. Oh and to add a cherry on top of this pile, the driver window wont roll down either.

6. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    the secret is out check the resale value of the 12s and 13s, prostars about half of any other brand of truck ..... dealers say we got em fixed on the new ones ..... lol not for me

7. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Im just the driver. No one could give me one these, even if it had an ISX in it.

8. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Well looks like a hardware failure. Got the compressor to short cycle with a couple small blasts of refrigerant. Decided to let 'er rip and the compressor came on and stayed on...then I saw it, spraying from the front of the truck. Theres a hole in the condenser.

9. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Was just gonna like your post. You are correct, but lower the price and (no offense) to our viewers. Someone will come along and buy one. Thinking..I'm gonna pray, and be lucky, I'm gonna get one of the good ones. Nice decent looking trucks, but I will stay on the "no thanks list"also.

10. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I am so glad to be rid of the 17 I was driving. A/C was just the opposite. Freeze you on low blowing like a hurricane. And the POS tranny. Good riddance.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.