Another distracted driver

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by pes2, Aug 17, 2014.

1. pes2

pes2 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Monticello, Florida
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    That guy should lose his license.....Didn't even hit the brakes!
    Also, nice how all the other drivers just weave around the debris and keep right on going. Don't bother to check on whether or not anyone is badly injured! Yeah, this country is circling the drain.....

4. Alaska76

Alaska76 Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Inland Empire, WA
    Wow, sooooooo lucky!

pes2 Thanks this.
  5. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    That was brutal. Always good to make sure its clear, and not trust the lights.

MrIT, Big Don, TomOfTx and 2 others Thank this.
  6. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Gotta keep going do you don't get plowed into by another distracted driver.

7. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I agree, pretty harsh. Truck clearly had the hammer down, while the SUV only suffered a glancing hit, the white car definitely took a hard hit in the door. People are really getting desensitized by this stuff, and while we can't see what happened after, perhaps someone out of view stopped, generally, it's the "it didn't happen to me" mindset. Nice goin' driver.

Mudguppy and bergy Thank this.
  8. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    AMEN to this. This is why you actually LOOK, before taking off from a just changed traffic signal. Then LOOK AGAIN.

bergy and West TN Trucker Thank this.
  9. Alaska76

Alaska76 Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Inland Empire, WA
    That's a fact! Many years ago, when in the passenger seat of a friends car, we were driving around one day and conversation came about of intersections and stop lights, he said he saw a friend get killed by a red light runner. Since that he always counted to three after getting a green light, before entering an intersection, in order to give time to an unseen RL runner time to pass through. Wouldn't you know it, one day, sometime later, we were at an intersection in his car, light changed, he did his usual count as I scanned, the car to our right, which was in the furthest right lane of a 5 lane one way, proceeded into the intersection and had the front end of their car ripped off by a red light runner coming from the left. This was about 30 years ago, and to this day I always look before I enter an intersection to give my self a chance to avoid getting nailed by an inattentive, or intentional red light runner, which, here in Alaska is all too common. I witness at least one vehicle (usually 2 or 3) run a light EVERY time I sit at a light.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    Lucar and West TN Trucker Thank this.
  10. West TN Trucker

West TN Trucker Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2014
    lesson learned. Im gonna always be looking around me at green lights now both inside the truck and out the truck driving personal car. Looks like the jeep looking truck seen the big trucker coming and gassed it. Prolly saved his r her life when they gassed it and just took a love tap on the rear. Could have been real ugly. Im sure the trucker stopped rite afterwards and came back and checked on the 2 cars that just got hit by the big rig along with other drivers. The ones that passed up the wreck that seen the wreck was prolly looking for a safe spot to park cause it looked icy idk.

11. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Of course there is a down side to not "flooring it" as soon as the light changes. It is the idiot coming up behind you, who expects you to "floor it," then when you don't runs into the back of your car, giving you severe whiplash! Yep, seen it happen. Gotta love Utah drivers. . .

West TN Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.